can i take a picture of it with my N900 and post it on here with said phone? you'll have to forgive my noobishness, but i'm not highly technical like that

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Barts View Post
can i take a picture of it with my N900 and post it on here with said phone? you'll have to forgive my noobishness, but i'm not highly technical like that
I used a separate camera. You can do it in front of a mirror lacking a secondary camera. Then when you reply scroll down to Manage Attachments and upload it there.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
You you can.

Take the picture, and then press the sharing icon.
You will have to have an account with Flick or Ovi Share, but once you've created that it's straight forward.
After that, just paste the link in here.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGXAVLSyc_E

Instructions are also on page 70 of the manual.

sod it i can't figure it out. i'll do it on my computer when i get home

Last edited by Barts; 2010-01-09 at 03:18.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Oh dear. I really am a Pollyanna, aren't I!?

See, when I read what you said my head thinks... well, the Ovi store isn't open yet, but will be soon (next week or week after at a guess). Especially if they're advertising it in a January magazine (or was that an early Feb edition?) So... if they are also advertising iplayer... then maybe that is also Coming Soon!!!

I also live in the UK, and have been surprised at the complete silence of advertising until about the last week or so. I finally got some spam email about it last week. I have seen no other advertising. So knowing that Nokia now feel confident enough in the device to start advertising leads me to believe they are also confident in it's roadmap, support and app store which are hovering in the offing.

Damn. My glass is almost full, isn't it!

i'm also of the mind that the ovi store will be with us soon, the magazine is the feb edition, and vodafone have also picked the N900 for contract, so nokia would havemto have ovi in place for that, i couldn't see vodafone throwing their weight behind the device without nokia support

Originally Posted by real_per View Post

Instructions are also on page 70 of the manual.
Interesting, my "manual" had about _ten_ pages... Well, no need for the manual anyway

Originally Posted by yorg View Post
it maybe a screwup of the magazine or even better, things may get delivered this month!
I've always considered Stuff as a 'fluff' magazine in that they barely understand or look at what they are 'reviewing'. It points at shiny stuff and goes 'coo'.
It's as much an accurate technology mag as Top Gear is a programme about cars

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
I've always considered Stuff as a 'fluff' magazine in that they barely understand or look at what they are 'reviewing'. It points at shiny stuff and goes 'coo'.
It's as much an accurate technology mag as Top Gear is a programme about cars
i have to say that i agree with your views, and i'm not going to lie and say i only bought it because it had an N900 review , but i did buy this issue for that reason, but the page i'm refering too is actually a nokia advertisement

http://share.ovi.com/media/Barts.76....Barts.76.10003

i have to say that i agree with your views, and i'm not going to lie and say i only bought it because it had an N900 review , but i did buy this issue for that reason, but the page i'm refering too is actually a nokia advertisement

http://share.ovi.com/media/Barts.76....Barts.76.10003
This file is unavailable. It is possibly set as "private"?

Tags
magazine, marketing vs reality, n900, ovi, ovi store, store, stuff, stuff magazine