ok the question is siimple and maybe this is not the right place, i just want to know how to "unpack" BIN firmware file i want to extract some files from pr1.1

That would be a great idea to modifie the fw, just like i was duing with symbian 5th edition!

no no impossible to build a CFW for harmattan i just want to extract some files from pr1.1

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
this has been already answered, but as people don't know how to use search in the forums apparently, then here is the recap:

flasher -u can decompres bin, unlzo http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...48#post1043548 can convert rootfs to ext4, you can get files out of there
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
flasher -u : --invalid option

The Following User Says Thank You to eltoffer For This Useful Post:
Great info, thanx...i asume that it is posible to modify files on fw and repack it right...i know we could make change...sounds like i got job tonight.

you just have to use a version of flasher which still has that option (like maybe 3.5) ;-)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-06 at 16:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Great info, thanx...i asume that it is posible to modify files on fw and repack it right...i know we could make change...sounds like i got job tonight.
you can repack, but without master OEM signing key you cannot create an image that can be flashed to the device.

So in short you can extract, but you cannot repack.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-06 at 16:47.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
you can repack, but without master OEM signing key you cannot create an image that can be flashed to the device.

So in short you can extract, but you cannot repack.
i know you are some kind of Nokia dev, so at this stage that Meego is dead for Nokia, would it be possible to get that "keys" to build our own CFW???

Yeah...that's great idea, or we have to do the cracking thing...than i em sore i will repack in it even NitDroid and lot of software that i have to use as standard instalation ready made.