Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich
hi
Under Applications / Installations, I've activated "Allow installations from non.Store sources.

When I attempt to install "Developer mode" under Security I get the warning "Enable developer mode?" and after I select ok I get the "Uncertified source" warning and i agree. nothing happens and the Developer mode switch goes off again.

What else do I need to install developer mode on a Swiss Cyan MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan N9-00 ?

That should be it. I would try turning off the install from other sources, reboot, turn on other sources, and try develop mode again. At the very worst you can reflash.

Also be aware of some kinda obvious stuff you probably already thought about but just in case:
You have to be connected to the internet
It might be switching off while it installs

I'd do the above reboot, make sure you're on wifi, and trying again. But only try it once and leave it alone for awhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to hconnor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich
Thanks hconnor.

I believe I did all those things you mention. If my memory isn't failing me my specific cyan swiss N9-00 failes to install development mode since the 1.2 upgrade. it very much looks like a swiss version cock-up of the repositories.
Anyone else with a swiss N9-00 out there?

I have the same problem with Malaysia cyan-16gb N9.

I can't enable developer mode.

I have a swiss cyan and i didn't have any problem enabling dev mode before, in pr1.2 neither now in pr1.3 but i've flashed hispania variant

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
This may be off-topic but, quick question on Developer Mode: I tried the tutorial on placing Terminal shortcut so you can disable/turn off Developer Mode. When I did this, I saw an exclamation point beside the toggle button of Developer Mode.

A quick research from told me that this is because the device is in a "tainted state". Is that something to worry about, or is this normal behavior when you turn off Developer Mode? Does keeping Developer Mode turned on really increase battery consumption? Or is it required to keep it turned on when using Inception?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

So here's what I did...

1. I kept Developer Mode turned on and did not follow the trick for creating a shortcut for Terminal and SDK Connectivity.
2. Installed Inception and connected to VNC (for screencasting/creation of video tutorial).
3. Checked Battery Usage. Just like others in this thread, it indeed increased Average Idle Consumption. I was averaging 35-40mA, from my original 8-10mA. Lol...

I guess I should go back to creating those shortcuts, then. I am just wondering about that Exclamation Point/Mark...is that something to worry about or just leave it as-is?

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-07-16 at 03:49.

@theking2

Just a question, do you have an active internet connection when you enabled developer mode?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
While enabling developer mode, you need to have an active internet connection - some files will be downloaded automatically (of around 2.5 MB) and only then the developer mode will be activated. The phone goes for an automatic reboot after the files/packages are downloaded and installed.