Originally Posted by jsharper View Post
What type of mic is it? If it's a mic that needs a DC current, maybe someone loaded the parts placement machine backwards and some of them got placed with the wrong polarity?
That's pretty much irrelevant, assuming no one wants to open the device and re-solder the mic (if this turns out to be the problem, which i doubt).
If it's hardware, i'm afraid there really is only one solution: return

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Does anyone have any problems with TV Out ? because that doesn't work for me either.

bloody hell maemo your having some problems.....:-(

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by maemoexperts View Post
Does anyone have any problems with TV Out ? because that doesn't work for me either.
I'll test it out as soon as my girlfriend finishes watching a movie on the TV. I'll load up a vid onto it in the mean time. some peep show season 6 maybe.

Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
bloody hell maemo your having some problems.....:-(
yes.. i am getting mine as well but still in doubt. also because of these failures im reading on the forum.

could anyone create a POLL in a new topic (i don't know how to create a poll) with the options "works perfectly out of the box, no problems", "hardware issue", "software issue" or whatever seems appropriate to the poster. (maybe also the option: works perfect but unhappy with performance/didnt live up to expectations by far)

i would like to see percentages of how many people are experiencing problems. this might be a good way to sum these up.

grtngz devil

The Following User Says Thank You to Devil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
I called 08450455555 i of to pub with lads now am sure i will get the piZZ take about this phone anyway cu later good luck.
Yep, you probably will I rave on about the phone, and no-one else I know has even heard of it, so I would be to get a broken one too.
Lets hope these clever ppl here can come up with a solution which saves sending it back.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
yes.. i am getting mine as well but still in doubt. also because of these failures im reading on the forum.

could anyone create a POLL in a new topic (i don't know how to create a poll) with the options "works perfectly out of the box, no problems", "hardware issue", "software issue" or whatever seems appropriate to the poster. (maybe also the option: works perfect but unhappy with performance/didnt live up to expectations by far)

i would like to see percentages of how many people are experiencing problems. this might be a good way to sum these up.

grtngz devil
I created this poll if anyone cares:

http://www.doodle.com/k7bpug7bawdh9k92

I suggest we put in our username's if people are interested (to prevent ballot stuffing - this forum's polls are prone to ballot stuffing). Edit: added a few more poll options.

There are a few people in The Netherlands, including me, who are having the same problem. I returned mine to Nokia today. My serial number is *6792.

I also had the same problem as the guy in this thread, and fixed it by reflashing with the eMMC rom. And then found out the microphone was broken

Last edited by FC_; 2009-11-26 at 08:03.

Originally Posted by FC_ View Post
There are a few people in The Netherlands, including me, who are having the same problem. I returned mine to Nokia today. My serial number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I also had the same problem as the guy in this thread, and fixed it by reflashing with the eMMC rom. And then found out the microphone was broken
What problem are u referring too?
mic defect?

Last edited by Venomrush; 2009-11-26 at 08:17.

Yes, that's what the name of this thread is referring to isn't it

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio