Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Wow felbutts, you've grown a bit of confidence!
You didn't prepend your post with "btw don't get me wrong, I hate the iphone lol" this time..

Seriously though, I think the image gallery on iPhone implements quite a number of shortcuts and optimizations that takes place during (pre)loading of the content - so the magic doesn't happen just during viewing;

I know that iPhoto (or iTunes?) scales down all the photos that are tagged to be synced onto the iPhone and they also prerender a thumbnail view for each of the pics. This move alone cuts down the size of the dataset that the picture viewer has to deal with by a factor 5 or so (Depending on your initial picture sizes).
lol thanks lol. ye just dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about me talking about the iphone

anyway.

what about all the other ideas??? like the fake multitouch, when clicking on an image it doesnt take you out of full screen mode but rather brings in another layer.....

i think i might learn to code again . little rusty these days but i was a flash developer a few years ago. ill just do it myself lol :S

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
i don't understand your fake multitouch idea. can you explain it again?
click on my youtube links on my first post. has examples of fake multitouch used on a 5800

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
that photo viewer sux, IMO, nokia beta labs have made a way better one, its 3d.!!!!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
that photo viewer sux, IMO, nokia beta labs have made a way better one, its 3d.!!!!
for the n900? or it that the s60 one.

still want fake multitouch. lol its funny how everyone is ignoring it. can anyone here tell me they wouldnt use it if they had it????

yeah s60 (5800, n97).......

its not real multitouch tho, thats the thing

The S60 photo viewer on maemo would really rock.
Come on Nokia, dont be lazy

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
yeah s60 (5800, n97).......

its not real multitouch tho, thats the thing

it doesn’t matter lol. multitouch on the iphone is unlimited point on the screen. but all you need is two points for zooming in/out (fake, software not hardware). can also be used for the browser.

doesnt matter if it not real. it will do the exact same thing the iphone does when you zoom in/out. why wouldnt you want it??? can anyone here give me a real reason after watching the youtube links i have why would wouldnt want it?????? Lol

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-01 at 04:10.

I remember them. I used to use them on my last phone. still no fake multitouch.

The guy on the the links I provided made the gallery apps in flash. So the files are .swf which run on the n900. I tried but it didn’t fully work?? Can someone have a go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dC2qpDsgZU
Attached Files
File Type: zip iPM_demo.zip (51.5 KB, 87 views)

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
I remember them. I used to use them on my last phone. still no fake multitouch.

The guy on the the links I provided made the gallery apps in flash. So the files are .swf which run on the n900. I tried but it didn’t fully work?? Can someone have a go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dC2qpDsgZU
its a demo, im guessing thats y it doesnt work