Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by vitamina View Post
A phone is a phone...n900 is a phone...u dont have to be smart/geek/nerd to use it, but i have the right to have expectations from the future updates.
When nokia seel n900 didn't say anithing abou..if u want some feature on ur n900 buid it urself.

i also love my n900 and i am the noobes noob from maemo forum...so what do u say ? shoud i buy another phone or shoud i say talk to the hand dude ? we have same rights
Ofcourse people have the right to have expectations.

but bussines is bussines. We cant expect them to improve the phone with latest and greatest all them time. If so well then the phone would cost double price.

Again N900 was NOT released as a "mainstream phone" and the enginneer budget for it has probadly to low for big upgrades with latest flash or meego (it takes alot of internal testings to make that work also getting full support for meego would cost to much.

Also to me it looks like the Maemo/Meegoengineers at nokia is to few and they cant work day/night because some people here whines about XYZ...

So my point is, if people cant understand this, they should sell the phone and buy another phone. The fact is we are "testers" for a new platform to me intresting platform :-D

I bought N900 for its "openes/linux" not for get latest flash or compete with closed phones like Iphone or broken OS like Android or winMobile.

If people here instead could help improve development for new openapps for the Meego/Maemo platform we get more apps, and at the same time Nokia wins on it and can employ more engineers and make core phone work better.

This is a win to win situation. All those whinings is not helping us or Nokia et all :-)

For example the fcam API will hopefully give us some new great stuff :-) I wish I had more freetime to develop more on my N900 :-(

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-07-21 at 18:16.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
how do you install it????????? removed bless, installed drivers for fcam tried and installed fcam and came up with something like cannot find fcam

The Following User Says Thank You to markallan For This Useful Post:
i should say TRIED to install fcam and application manager came up with the error

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by markallan View Post
i should say TRIED to install fcam and application manager came up with the error
The package you want to install is 'fcamera'.

Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
The package you want to install is 'fcamera'.
error reads 'unable to download 'fcamera' application package not found'

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by droll View Post
LOL! fcam???!!!!!! Is nokia kidding us???? is the F in FCam the 4 letter obscene word? sigh.

once bitten, twice shy (and, oh yes, believe us, Nokia, we've been bitten many times before by YOU!).

i've given up on any "exciting" news from Nokia. they seem to be disconnected from the n900 community.
I'm very pleased about this development. It's a nice differentiator from other smartphones.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
I was having a hard time following this thread but thankfully your Jeff-Atwood-style gratuitous use of the bold tag cleared everything up for me.
Wow...I know that using bold for (2) proper names in one post is pushing forum rules, but I've always been a bit of a rebel. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Damn...I was really hoping for finished video drivers to get rid of the screen tearing.....

Last edited by jnack95; 2010-07-21 at 19:08.

Originally Posted by ioan View Post
I love this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixwKBwfT38
Instant classic.

My text/VM alerts are of him saying, "Simao......SABROSA!"

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by markallan View Post
error reads 'unable to download 'fcamera' application package not found'
Odd. The package is in the extras-testing repository, so you should at least have that enabled, and updated/refreshed. If you have all that set up, you should be able to download it pretty easily...

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed