Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
Guys, i was changing my theme with Theme Customizer, but my N900 restarted, rebooted by itself, and when it turned on again, my desktop was all messed up.
It does not change views, the icons are all over each other, i cant acces desktop configuring, and i cannot acces the menu, and worse, i cant access Theme Customize...

So, have you any ideas for me that moke me dont reflash my phone?

thankyou

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ /dev/null
Have you got SSH installed on your device? In that case, you could try to ssh into it and manually delete your theme and see if that helps. After you've deleted the theme simply reboot and I imagine the device will reset to the default theme.

Themes are stored in /usr/share/Themes/

Best of luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Remus For This Useful Post:
No, i have not =/
I was thinking the same possibility, but as i dont have SSH i thought there is another way to do that.
But now iīm conformed to reinstall my firmware completely and then install meego dualboot... or kubuntu mobile...
but thankyou anyway!

Not to worry, there are ways to access your terminal without ssh!

Try opening the terminal by pressing ctrl shift and x on the n900 at the same time. Root yourself and try to delete the theme(s).

Phone is not accepting this command! nothing happens!
But i have NitDroid installed on eMMC. Is there anyway to access N900 filesystem throught nitdroid?

I have never used NitDroid on my n900 but I imagine it would be possible to read and write to other sectors of the eMMC.

I'll leave it to the guys who have actually used NitDroid to give you a definitive answer on that one.

I'll keep trying to figure out a way for you to rescue your install (You need to bypass that messed up hildon-desktop somehow) and if I think of something I'll be sure to post about it.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you resolve your problem.

Donīt worry, man! THankyou a lot for that!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i also have this kind of problem before...solve it by changing to default/alpha themes using desktop edit button...
if you somehow disable it using TC then use filebox and navigate to

usr/share/themes

delete the themes that cause the problem...after that go to

opt/theme-customizer/backup

and remove any backup made by TC on the themes that cause the problem....

after removing reboot your device....

i had this happen too, all the icons were crunched up over eachother in top left screen, over the menu bar and it crashed completely. couldnt use keyboard and after about a minute it would restart. only way to stop it restarting was to quickly jam it into usb mode and it would crash the kill/shutdown/restart function. if i had of had quicklaunch installed at the time i could have solved it easily by loading a terminal from there or remove the app completely.

i tried many resolutions like putting it into usb mode to access it but that failed. after a day or so of trying everything i had at my disposal i just reflashed. as all the apps were still there i didnt actually lose any data, but did have to reinstall all the apps which their configurations remained too, thankfully. i deleted the config for theme customizer and then reinstalled that fine.

this application needs some serious warnings about changing settings on it. changing some things can really mess up your phone.