Active Topics

Hey guys so as the title suggests I am unable to update my software at all. It is available in my apps manager OTA but it hangs at the downloading start. Have also tried downloading using NSU and I can only get as far as 6.4mb.

This leads me to believe that the servers on nokia's side might be under pressure (i hope this is the problem) but I have been trying all day with no success.

has anyone out there any other suggestions.

I know i could reflash the device myself but i have no experience with that what so ever as i only have it 2 weeks so I would rather do it OTA or with NSU.

can anyone help me or shed any light on the problem?

Do you have Brain Party installed?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Well. You can always just download the flasher tool and firmware images and flash it that way. (there are tons of info on the forums on this... search for reflash).

^ r u serious? Brain Party causes the problem?

nope i have no third party apps installed at all so i think that isnt the problem

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by brigina View Post
Hey guys so as the title suggests I am unable to update my software at all. It is available in my apps manager OTA but it hangs at the downloading start. Have also tried downloading using NSU and I can only get as far as 6.4mb.

This leads me to believe that the servers on nokia's side might be under pressure (i hope this is the problem) but I have been trying all day with no success.

has anyone out there any other suggestions.

I know i could reflash the device myself but i have no experience with that what so ever as i only have it 2 weeks so I would rather do it OTA or with NSU.
Me too, I only get as far as 6.4mb

How much free rootfs space do you have?

sorry but how would i go about checking the rootfs space?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
Open up x terminal and enter the following command
df -h /root