Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Great! :-D
Gotta love:
Code:
R2475 0[Ohm] 5% 0.050W
P = I^2 * R
I = sqrt( P / R )
I have no idea what this means, care to elaborate? If I had to take a while guess id say at 5% the chip shuts the device down?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I have no idea what this means, care to elaborate? If I had to take a while guess id say at 5% the chip shuts the device down?
Well it is just basic ee stuff, ohm's law.

There are such components as zero ohm resistors, which of course really are not zero as that would imply superconductivity

However, they are just smd-resistor shaped pieces of wire wich usually take place as jumper components.

Joerg is making a joke on the specs of the component, if it really was zero ohm you could not give a power rating to it, neither specify a tolerance. Quite funny really

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well it is just basic ee stuff, ohm's law.

There are such components as zero ohm resistors, which of course really are not zero as that would imply superconductivity

However, they are just smd-resistor shaped pieces of wire wich usually take place as jumper components.

Joerg is making a joke on the specs of the component, if it really was zero ohm you could not give a power rating to it, neither specify a tolerance. Quite funny really
Well, you could burn that shunt, by overpowering it. So, even if funny, it does actually make some sence.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Well, you could burn that shunt, by overpowering it. So, even if funny, it does actually make some sence.
Well yes but nobody drops voltage over a smd shunt, really

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well yes but nobody drops voltage over a smd shunt, really
hehe, I once (at age 7) put voltage to the antenna plug in my newly gotten gift ...
Thats when it started

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
The PDF about the chip is located here
This PDF is labeled MSM8960, but Jolla has a MSM8930AA (source).

The Following User Says Thank You to Raim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raim View Post
This PDF is labeled MSM8960, but Jolla has a MSM8930AA (source).
This was taken directly from the post on XDA tbh, I have to assume since there in the same family that there very similar

Yes, most probably they are similar, just wanted to point out the difference.

another pdf

http://www.oppoforums.com/attachment...erview-pdf.86/

for MSM8960

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2014-01-08 at 13:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
I have decided to go with the latest update, even if it does lock the phone down, just to see the continuing evolution of Sailfish on Jolla.

I can understand the panicked response to the "Evil Maid" exploit. however if you use a Software Defined Radio configured as a GSM mast then you could probably achieve the same exploit over the air without the need to physically access the USB port.

There is ample support for FOSS implementation of GSM on SDR as used at the Burning Man Festival

Richard

Last edited by richardski; 2014-01-10 at 07:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post: