Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
My 770 (v. 2.2006.39-14) is having trouble connecting to the wireless router at my office. The wireless router is a Cisco running 11g with WPA PEAP. When I try to connect, the error message says "network connection failed. Retry...".

My Dell notebook works fine, and all my co-workers don't have problems connecting with their PDAs. It is pretty embarrassing to show the Nokia Internet Tablet to my co-workers and not being able to connect!

At home, my 770 works with WPA connecting to a D-Link router running 11g with WPA.

1. Are there any command line tools I can use to troubleshoot this problem?
2. Are there any error logs on the 770?
3. Can I file a bug about this problem and hope to get a fix?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I got that error when I changed my router from mixed mode to wireless B only. Have you tried running mixed mode on the router? Does the router have the latest stable firmware?

Just a guess/hint; do you know what version of PEAP the office router runs?

It's Cisco, so make sure it's not one their proprietary implementations; although, from your comment about other PDAs connecting, doesn't sound like this, but still it's worth checking.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
Our network admin says the router is running in mixed mode (b/g) and has the latest firmware installed. Also, there are no specific Cisco options turned on. What is different about the way the 770 connects wirelessly vs. a laptop? I don't remember any of our vendors having connection problems when they visit our office. Any other suggestions or troubleshooting tips?