Poll: WSOD - Who has had one?
Poll Options
WSOD - Who has had one?

Quick poll to guage how many people here have had a WSOD. I have, but was lucky enough to have mine repaired under warranty. New one is now only 6 weeks old, but seems to be going strong.

Last edited by johnpad; 2008-02-04 at 04:15.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I had a self-made WSOD. Don't know if that count

I replaced by mistake some of the hildon libs which led to booting in white (but the device still ran and you can even do some things provided that you knew where and when to tap.
Fixed it by booting from the internal memory and restoring the replaced libs (i knew which they were

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Nope, not on my 2005 770 nor on my summer 2007 770.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I had a self-made WSOD. Don't know if that count

I replaced by mistake some of the hildon libs which led to booting in white (but the device still ran and you can even do some things provided that you knew where and when to tap.
Fixed it by booting from the internal memory and restoring the replaced libs (i knew which they were
This is not WSOD, you cannot fix WSOD without hardware repair.
I had WSOD 3 times.
To know Nokia hardware repair, is to hate Nokia hardware repair.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Yes, I definitely have had a WSOD .
My current 770 has been going strong for the last 5 months though .

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ a northerner in the south
yep! i had one. had it replaced, but am a bit dubious if its a " brand new replacement".

I had one, and got my replacement yesterday from Nokia, brand new. Now I am putting the new OS2007HE on it and dual boot 2006os on MMS( I am glad I did have my 2006os on mms before, so I haven't lost my software and data), and using my old hard case as my car mount. I am happy with it so far.

never had a wsod yet, but last night i had the first 'crash'. listening to internet radio in media player and browsing, the headphones made a loud click then the n800 reset itself

Woah, seems most people on here have had one. That really is a baaad statistic...

I brought my WSOD on myself, it happened when I took out the battery to reboot from a crash. But it definitely was a genuine WSOD.

Last edited by Drewvt; 2008-01-17 at 17:52.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
Originally Posted by Drewvt View Post
Woah, seems most people on here have had one. That really is a baaad statistic...
Hi, I think actually most people on ITT have never had a WSOD. I am a 770 user, never had a problem. I don't know if there are any good statistics out these, but if the thousands of NIT users out there got the WSOD regularly, I think we would be flooded with posts on it. I only see (20? or 30?) people posting that they have had one
(and sorry to hear it).