Active Topics

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Probably too late?

Been an active member here for over nearly four years.
No issues yet

Do not plan on leave any time soon and think with a council seat, could help to make a difference - or at least whatever I can do!!

I have all the time in the world for the community and I have many, many hours during the day to help!

Not sure if my "karma" is high enough, I believe it is.

I am not a massive programmer - More a tinkerer or jack of all trades, currently finding a way to have an Arduino embedded into the N900 case!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2013-12-09 at 02:55.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Kingoddball,
Yup it's too late to apply to be in the Council but do remember that it isn't necessary to be a member of the Council to voice your opinions or participate in any discussions.

All Council meetings are held publicly on IRC and you could join them to participate. Council meetings are also open to everyone so there is no such thing as a non councilor not being allowed to raise things.

I hope you do join Council meetings and consider running for elections in six months

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
I've just voted.

The Following User Says Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
voted to ********

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Since this seems to be a thing, let me say I've also voted. Of course I had an extra incentive to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcharpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Probably too late?
As thedead1140 noted, it's never too late to take interest in the community or it's governance. You can be of great aid to Council without being on it by participating in the meetings and in helping with the work to be done.

We've had several members that had never served on Council, but became active with those on at the time, and later took up the roll of helping the community by running for Council. I am among them. We've had some that started out doing small but important and time consuming tasks, like making banners or logos for events, creating/updating wiki pages for Council, or creating small apps to help with various tasks. While those may seem small to some, it's more time Council has to spend on more pressing issues, as many of them also have other duties they've taken on for the community as well.

So do keep an eye open for upcoming meetings, drop by, speak up, and lend a hand when you can. Not only will it help the community, but it will put you in a better position of understanding when the next election happens in 6 months. (By which point you will hopefully still want to be in Council.)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

This is silvertongue here. Co Admin of Jolla Pioneer fans on fbk and a die hard supporter of MaeMeeMo/Sailfish OS. I had my N900 for 4 years but unfortunately had to sell it coz of some cash problem. But kind of a lucky here that only 3 devices are available in Dubai and ill be purchasing one soon. So I would definitely like to support this Community with all my abilities. Although i am not a developer or a coding artist. But i am a designer and iev designed some other half concepts and can get new ideas. Also helped with some Wazapp logon screens. So I hope my contribution benefits here. Thanks.. Good to be back after many years on this Community.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silvertongue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
BUMP posting: just VOTED. So should you if elegible and not yet done so...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Getting this in red:

The e-mail address and username you gave do not match an existing voter, or you have already voted.

edit: to clarify, last time I voted was in 2012, so 'already voted' is not exactly a lie, weird, wonder how this will affect participation

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Getting this in red:

The e-mail address and username you gave do not match an existing voter, or you have already voted.

edit: to clarify, last time I voted was in 2012, so 'already voted' is not exactly a lie, weird, wonder how this will affect participation
Did you get that email shortly before voting opened on the 7th DEC, noting the user name and token? Because that really is the evidence that you qualify. If not, there are links you can follow...

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-12-12 at 23:55.

Tags
tumbleweed