Closed Thread
I'd like an application that supports encrypting/decrypting files using gnupg keys. Actually, what I'd really like is password-store (aka pass) running on Sailfish, but the first option would be a reasonable workaround, for now.

Once my current work project ends and I get some free time, I may look into porting pass, but just don't have time at the moment.

There are Android apps that will do it (there's an Android version of password-store on FDroid) but there's an issue in the AlienDalvik which means that it and none of the keychain apps can import a key from a file (they can only see image files). That said, I'd prefer it to be native anyway, for no necessarily logical reason.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
a safe and easier way to install /uninstall google play.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Actually, what I'd really like is password-store (aka pass) running on Sailfish, but the first option would be a reasonable workaround, for now.
There is keepass already. Availabe in store.

The Following User Says Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
There is keepass already. Availabe in store.
Yeah, I've seen that thanks, but I use pass on my other devices and don't really want to switch.

Yeah, I've seen that thanks, but I use pass on my other devices and don't really want to switch.
ownKeepass works really well. And I copy and use the same KDB password database file on my desktop computers with KeePassX client - http://www.keepassx.org/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
I'd like an application that supports encrypting/decrypting files using gnupg keys. Actually, what I'd really like is password-store (aka pass) running on Sailfish, but the first option would be a reasonable workaround, for now.

Once my current work project ends and I get some free time, I may look into porting pass, but just don't have time at the moment.

There are Android apps that will do it (there's an Android version of password-store on FDroid) but there's an issue in the AlienDalvik which means that it and none of the keychain apps can import a key from a file (they can only see image files). That said, I'd prefer it to be native anyway, for no necessarily logical reason.
I looked at the dependencies of pass a couple of days ago and it depends on so much stuff (well, not that much) that isn't available in Sailfish that it really seems like more trouble than it's worth to build it yourself. It also seems to depend on xclip for whatever reason, which itself depends on X.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I looked at the dependencies of pass a couple of days ago and it depends on so much stuff (well, not that much) that isn't available in Sailfish that it really seems like more trouble than it's worth to build it yourself. It also seems to depend on xclip for whatever reason, which itself depends on X.
Yes, that's why I haven't just installed it, like I installed it on my n900. It's just a Bash script, so it would be possible to cut it down. On my n900 I removed the xclip stuff and gpg-agent stuff and just used it from the terminal when I needed to look something up, or add something.

The Android app version of it is basically a separate application that supports a sub-set of it's functionality - which is all I want really. View a password and create one. All the rest will be done on my laptop. Just something to create and decrypt a gpg encrypted file. It'll be a good learning exercise....I hope.

Thanks for looking though.

Originally Posted by zamorph View Post
ownKeepass works really well. And I copy and use the same KDB password database file on my desktop computers with KeePassX client - http://www.keepassx.org/
Yes, I used to use Keepass before I switched to pass. I want to keep pass on the laptop, etc., so I'm looking to adapt the Jolla solution to the rest of my set-up, rather than the other way round.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Germany, Ruhla
The Panasonic Image App

Please develops a great youtube client for sailfish, the one sitting in the Jolla store ytube is bad

Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish