Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Guys, there is more to be fixed besides necko-wifi, I'll try to push what is needed by the end of the day.
Great, thanks!

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Also, a patch is needed for gstreamer support, that can't go into upstream, I'll discuss with romaxa if putting it in debian/patches is a good idea
Please, put in somewhere online and write how to get and apply it, at least... But I don't see why you couldn't add it to debian/patches directory if we're building the deb only for Maemo/MeeGo devices from this branch anyway. However - it's your decision, I would just like to see that patch and be able to apply it and build Mozilla with success

I'm still waiting for my build of mozilla-central to finish. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow morning to complete. PC upgrade is definitely the next big spend after christmas.

Besides, necko-wifi and gstreamer, I'm not sure if vp8/webm support is working yet, if wanted. Microb config also disables necko:
Code:
#ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --enable-dbus # Is it usefull?
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
With regards to patches, I don't know if there are some features that can be safely disabled. I've seen some SMS, telephony, battery, contacts objects being compiled, are they really necessary? I know microb has patches to disable filepicker, dropservice and a few more so it might be worth checking over microb config and comparing with the current version, if flags are still valid.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I'm still waiting for my build of mozilla-central to finish. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow morning to complete. PC upgrade is definitely the next big spend after christmas.

Besides, necko-wifi and gstreamer, I'm not sure if vp8/webm support is working yet, if wanted. Microb config also disables necko:
Code:
#ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --enable-dbus # Is it usefull?
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
With regards to patches, I don't know if there are some features that can be safely disabled. I've seen some SMS, telephony, battery, contacts objects being compiled, are they really necessary? I know microb has patches to disable filepicker, dropservice and a few more so it might be worth checking over microb config and comparing with the current version, if flags are still valid.
Well, it's a temptation to enable everything. One option is to stick with what MicroB has been configured for. Then please just document all the disabled options. In the end we might enable dbus, as we have it.

Or the second way: (which might be better for this case and which I'm for) build as-is. Use the existing qml ui and check what is broken (apart from the ui - which is designed to be broken ). When we have working internals, then let's move to the UI stuff.

E.g. when it comes to duicontrolpanel for Harmattan (libsysinfo - proprietary - adds some stuff which isn't necessary - but for some reason has been added (guess - extending))

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I guess all this discussion would be smarter to happen on #embedlite at mozilla.org

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Might be worth noting python2.7/python2.7-minimal broken.

Package interface shows maemo3.
Yes. Repository cleaned wrong package.

I just tested you can do:
Code:
apt-get install python2.7-minimal=2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo5 python2.7=2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo5
All versions -maemo5, -maemo6, -maemo7 are the same.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post

Code:
apt-get install python2.7-minimal=2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo5 python2.7=2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo5
Maybe you can push -maemo8 to fix the installing so that no manual apt-getting is needed?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post

Code:
I hope you got my mails re this problem, in case you don't, please ping me on #maemo, you have to take some decisions.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Maybe you can push -maemo8 to fix the installing so that no manual apt-getting is needed?
@AapoRantalainen: and if you do so, please could you include lxml.etree, thanks

for now symlinking etree.so from python2.5 is OK, but it would be better to have it included in the python2.7 package

the same applies for xml.sax.drivers2 parsers which requires corresponding .so in /opt/python27/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/

Last edited by pierrem; 2013-11-19 at 08:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Resumed build this morning and I'm finally beginning to get some errors.

GStreamer:
Code:
gst_registry_get_feature_list_cookie' has not been declared
Got another after xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/nsSVGViewBox.cpp but no description of error:
Code:
nsSVGViewBox.o
c++ -o nsSVGViewBox.o -c  -fvisibility=hidden -DMOZ_GLUE_IN_PROGRAM -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -DIMPL_LIBXUL  -DSTATIC_EXPORTABLE_JS_API -DNO_NSPR_10_SUPPORT -DOS_POSIX=1 -DOS_LINUX=1  -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/ipc/chromium/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/ipc/glue -I../../../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src -I. -I../../../../dist/include  -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/dist/include/nspr -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/dist/include/nss     -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../xml/content/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../../dom -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../base/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../../layout/generic -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../../layout/xul/base/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../../layout/svg -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../../layout/style -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../events/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../html/content/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/xbl/src -I/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/../../../smil   -fPIC   -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MP -MF .deps/nsSVGViewBox.o.pp  -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror=return-type -Wtype-limits -Wempty-body -Wsign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mthumb -mtune=cortex-a8 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -DFORCE_BASICTILEDTHEBESLAYER=1 -DEGL_HAS_BACKING_SURFACE=1 -DUSE_ANDROID_OMTC_HACKS=1 -mthumb -mfpu=neon -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -std=gnu++0x -pthread -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -ggdb -O2 -Wno-psabi -fomit-frame-pointer   /home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/content/svg/content/src/nsSVGViewBox.cpp
make[11]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content/svg/content/src'
make[10]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content/svg/content'
make[9]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content/svg/content'
make[8]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content/svg'
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content/svg'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content'
make[5]: *** [compile] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel/content'
make[4]: *** [compile] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel'
make[3]: *** [default] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central/objdir-armel'
make[2]: *** [realbuild] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central'
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/xulrunner-package/mozilla-central'
make: *** [build-armel-stamp] Error 2
Similar error in WebSpeech.

Edit:Might be my VM setup, disk usage crept to 88%.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-11-19 at 11:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I'll announce when embedlite gecko is buildable again in SB, hopefully later today. just a bit of patience

Community SSU developer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
gecko browser, maemo 5