Originally Posted by olento View Post
- I miss the smart dialing system on my current phone. I'm not sure how to describe it, but let's try: To phone "john", i just dial 56 (jkl, nmo) and it starts making suggestions from the contacts list based on those number/alphabet combinations that they match. It's so much faster than selecting "J" and then scrolling around the contacts.
The fastest way to do that I have found is through Search: Choose Phone (or Messages), then Search from Pulley menu -> start typing "Jo" and it gives you the matching contacts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Hello fellow sailors,

i hope i don't bother with a newbie question but i cant seem to mount my SD Card. I posted it 3 pages back but it seems i got overread.

I tried everything to my knowledge but it seems that lsusb and sudo blkid didn't work on the bash. How can i mount my SD Card on the phone directly in the bash.

The card is recognised in /run/user/100000/media/sdcard

So which command i have to execute?

Plus should i format my Card Fat32 / ext4 (running Linux and gparted)

Thanks for everything

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Just ordered 2 devices, one for me and one for my bro.

Go Jolla!!!! Can't wait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Hello fellow sailors,
I tried everything to my knowledge but it seems that lsusb and sudo blkid didn't work on the bash. How can i mount my SD Card on the phone directly in the bash.

The card is recognised in /run/user/100000/media/sdcard

So which command i have to execute?
Your card is already mounted. Mount (# mount) will probably tell you the same...

lsusb and blkid are not necessary for that. And why use a usb tool for mounting an sd card?

So basically all is fine

The Following User Says Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Your card is already mounted. Mount (# mount) will probably tell you the same...

lsusb and blkid are not necessary for that. And why use a usb tool for mounting an sd card?

So basically all is fine
But still no files get indexed, neither music nor pictures.

How can i restart the indexing?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Just ordered 2 devices, one for me and one for my bro.

Go Jolla!!!! Can't wait.
how is this related to Jolla User Experience Thread?

now keep ontopic. The thread has started go to much unrelated

Here is a thread for you when waiting...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...72#post1399172

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
But still no files get indexed, neither music nor pictures.

How can i restart the indexing?
make a symlink in your home directory which points to the SD card

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
People seem to have problems understanding how the android support actually works, so I'll explain a bit.

So, Alien Dalvik is an android emulator/virtual layer and the apps actually think they are running in legit android phone. That's how google play was hacked to work, and why it wants to install google services such as voice search etc.

For example, the WhatsApp (in which people have problems using) works just fine. Sounds, push notifications, popups all work. However, if you have the WhatsApp "on top of the emulator", it will think it's running on an android device and is currently open, as the Jolla won't (can't?) send information about screen turning off to the emulator, and you won't get notifications.
However, if you run WhatsApp "behind" some other application, it will send push notifications etc. just fine. This works for every application.

Myself, I use launcher as a solution. I installed GO Launcher EX from Play store and after I move to another app, I always change back to the launcher first. Then the apps think they are running in the background and will send notifications fine.
Also, as the emulator works like an android device, the task manager/application killer apps work just fine. Though, it seems my Spotify app keeps on restarting itself in the background for some reason.

Last edited by parasemic; 2013-12-20 at 18:15.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
People seem to have problems understanding how the android support actually works, so I'll explain a bit.
That Alien Dalvik is a virtual android layer running several applications concurrently "the Android way" (read shut down as they please) as a single application in Sailfish is clear enough.

I just wonder where are the user preferences?

Pre-defined RAM usage, power / performance priority..
No per application definable access to Jolla subsystem etc..
Cache memory and swap discs?

I can't believe somebody bothered to create this whole virtual machine just to let it emulate one low end Android device in a uniform fashion.

Definitely we need the option in Jolla part to exempt Alien Dalvik from swipe down to close.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
That Alien Dalvik is a virtual android layer running several applications concurrently "the Android way" (read shut down as they please) as a single application in Sailfish is clear enough.
Are you stupid? When I open up the launcher, everybody thinks I'm using an android device. It operates 100% same way. Even as there isn't a graphical interface installed by default, you can do it yourself. You can install every app manager, task manager, system information app etc. It's an (emulated) android operating system running as a Sailfish application.

Last edited by parasemic; 2013-12-20 at 19:27.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience