I have 3 microSD cards.

a) 2GB microSD number 1.
b) 2GB microSD number 2.
c) 6GB microSD

"A" is in use in my Nokia N95 and sometimes E61i. Works great in those devices.

"B" is one I bought today so that I could have a microSD to MiniSD adapter. Works in my phones, but not the N810 via the micro->MiniSD adapter. Mounts in Windows host and OS X host.

"C" is one I bought yesterday so that I would have a big card when my n810 came in. "C" doesn't work in my N810. Does work in my Nokia handsets. Mounts on the computer with a the adapter, or via SD full-size adapter.

Any ideas? Sandisk just not an option?

The Following User Says Thank You to emory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
I think the card has to be SDHC if it's over 2GB. But can't say why those other two cards won't work.

Quote from Nokia's N810 site: Supports cards up to 8GB. (SD cards over 2GB must be SDHC compatible.)

Last edited by nahkiainen; 2007-12-20 at 20:58.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Maybe you have bum cards. I have three Sandisk 2GB Micro SDs that I use with MiniSD adapters and all 3 work just fine!

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
I forgot to mention that. Been swamped here between server issues, Cat-6 upgrades, and IPv6... yes, it looks like there's either 2GB+ issues or SanDisk issues.

I have a 2GB SanDisk miniSD that the Nokia N810 running OS2008 (yesterday's release) recognizes without problem.

I have a 8GB SanDisk microSDHC in a micro-to-miniSDHC adapter that everything BUT the Nokia N810 recognizes. I tried formatting it as ext3 and fat32, but nothing I've tried allows the N810 to recognize it. There is nothing wrong with SanDisk 8GB microSDHC or miniSDHC adapter on other devices, only the N810!

Any thoughts? Are we having SDHC issues or SanDisk issues?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
I don't have issues with SDHC in miniSD format (n810 Final OS 2008). I got Kensington, 4GB. However I do have problems with my PC reading these cards. Arrrgh!

Antonio
EDIT: oops, Kingston, not Kensington, where was I, in London?

Last edited by noventa98; 2007-12-20 at 22:41.

Have to add my $0.02 here. I tried a 6G Sandisk SDHC ( in a Sandisk micro-mini adapter). Dont work. I finally bought a 4G Sandisk mini card ( works). I was able to use the mini-micro adapter setup in everything but the N810 ( as you did). I moved the 6G micro card to my digital camera. works fine there.

The Following User Says Thank You to send2cbd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
The SanDisk micro-to-miniSDHC is a straight passthrough connector. I don't see any ICs or changes to the SDHC pinout particular to this adapter.

Nokia appears to have a real issue recognizing the adapter. I don't think it's specific to SanDisk, and suspect any other (Kensington, etc) microSDHC may have the same issue.

I'm not too happy about this. Nokia changes from SDHC to mini-SDHC between the N800 and N810. Users attempt to be forward thinking and buy a microSDHC with a miniSDHC adapter, and we get screwed?

Nice going, Nokia and their engineers!

Again, please note that this same 8GB microSDHC and this same miniSDHC adapter works in an HTC Wizard running Windows Mobile 6, in a Sony VAIO, and a Dell PowerEdge. The ONLY device that does not recognize the miniSDHC adapter or 8GB microSDHC is the Nokia N810. What does that tell you?

Last edited by promethh; 2007-12-20 at 21:29. Reason: added information to explain what DOES work

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Vancouver, BC
I've got a sandisk 6gb micro sdhc in a patriot mem microsd-minisd adapter. Works fine for me.

Do you guys even get dmesg activity upon insertion of the cards?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
perhaps its just the sandisk micro to mini adapter

Push The Card Into The Slot Hard. Kthanksbye