Originally Posted by Pebby View Post
The protective plastic wrapping it came in and SIM tray have stickers that say 'made in china,' and, thus far, I have noticed no branding. If you want me to look anywhere in particular, let me know, and I'll check it out.

Edit: Just a bit of additional info (which also makes it sound like it's definitely meant for sale in SE Asia/Australia) - the warranty booklet that came with it says this: "Manufacturer's Limited Warranty: For Products purchased and intended for sale in India and the South East Asia Pacific region including (various countries) but excluding Australia and New Zealand). This Limited Warranty is in addition to, and does not affect your legal (statutory) rights under your applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products." It also lists separate warranty sections for Australia and NZ.

It then goes on to detail the warranty, including all the usual mumbo jumbo. I'm not sure how, exactly, that applies to all the questions of US warranty, but the bit at the end makes it sound as if 'your country's usual laws about required warranties are still valid.' What that's like here in the US, though... I am no expert (yet).
For hte branding...are there any branding within the software?

Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
For hte branding...are there any branding within the software?
None that I can tell - I don't have a SIM chip in mine, yet, but opening the phone, music, web browser, etc. all show no signs of branding.

ok i pulled the trigger on Negri. black, 16gig, $654.50 shipped.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asianmoomoo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
ok i pulled the trigger on Negri. black, 16gig, $654.50 shipped.
Congrats. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And if it is branded, it's only in the lock screen from my understanding.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Makes me wonder if I shouldn't just bite the bullet and buy from Negri. Seems legit (now that a few have them in hand) though it's a bit much. I'm wondering if a major retailer (Amazon, Newegg) will get them in the future and for a cheaper price.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Makes me wonder if I shouldn't just bite the bullet and buy from Negri. Seems legit (now that a few have them in hand) though it's a bit much. I'm wondering if a major retailer (Amazon, Newegg) will get them in the future and for a cheaper price.
I definitely think they will drop and NewEgg or what not will carry it...but you might have to wait 3 months or so. But due to limited availability, it might be a 3rd party seller through amazon.

Negri has it for cheapest. Get it.

Price will drop but it depends how long you are willing to wait. Immediate gratification is worth something, no?

Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
not complete but u get the gist.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/siblings-of...okia-n9-table/
Of course, otherwise it would be too easy

A friend suggested that I note this in this main thread for those looking to buy the N9 in the U.S. If you're buying from Negri Electronics, then you can get $35 off if you use the coupon code "sb35offjkh". I believe that's how asianmoomoo got his $654.50 price for a 16 GB model (magenta, cyan, and black), and I ordered a 64 GB one for myself for $777.50 using that code.

(Whoa, the 64 GB one seems to have just run out of stock and shifted to backorder on Negri tonight...)

Thanks to charbar for originally posting this over in the "worldwide availability & pricing" thread.

It's been really tough not touching the 16 GB N9 that I've been working on selling while I wait for my 64 GB model to arrive. I can't wait till next Tuesday! (Kind of makes me wish I had just sprung for the express shipping...)

Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
not complete but u get the gist.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/siblings-of...okia-n9-table/
wait a minute... so the N9 doesn't have 1700 pentaband or have gsmarena made a mistake?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????