Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by n0idea View Post
Thanks for this really good timer.
Its will be more usable if saving previous state of dishes.
Thanks for the compliment.

But I don't get your point. Do you mean restoring the remaining dish time of a run you stopped?
I always want to start with a fresh timer, as I never resume cooking a half cooked dish the next day

Maybe if you give a practical example so I can understand what you you are getting at.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Russia
Sorry, thanks for quick reply and your attention.
I mean, restoring all last chosen dishes on start app.
Now there three timers and every time need choose dishes, and only after that starting timers, but if dishes will be already chosen from last time when need just starting timers (fresh of course) ... or changing some dishes first, maybe

Example: I have just three dishes, but every time need to choose them...

Last edited by n0idea; 2013-10-14 at 22:31.

Thanks for this really good timer.
Its will be more usable if saving previous state of dishes.
Included the following in version 0.0.4-5 (now in extras-devel):
Code:
* added feature to mark dishes for preload at startup
As you can see in the last screenshot of the openingpost, every dish now has the option "set on start" in the "edit dish -> add icon" menu.
You can mark three dishes (the amount of timers) to be preloaded at startup. Adding more will give a warning that you have reached the maximum, and you will have to deselect another dish first.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ade View Post
You are now referring to version 0.0.4-3 right? As I said that should be fixed in the latest 0.0.4-4. This testcase works as expected for me.
It was still there in 0.0.4-4, but after changing the amount of time in the n900 settings when backlight goes off (to 10 sec to finish testing quicker and back to 30 sec) i can't reproduce it. So it works now on my n900 as well.

No, the context did not get lost for me, that's what I understood already
So nothing's lost ;-) I'd like to give you my detailed idea of an implementation for easier later consideration.

It is giving each dish an option like "overflow mode" or "overflow when counted to zero" or "count across negative values" and then give the start button and the time counter yellow colors.
When reaching zero the stop button continues to be displayed because the timer is still running (now in red color).
When the stop button is tipped the amount of overflow is shown in the time counter bar (no reset to zero) and the yellow start button appears.

little problem: the "abort alarm" function of the time counter bar collides with its "pause counting" function when counting across negative values.

-------

i've got another feature request:

I'd like to set each item of the config screen if additionally shown in the drop down menu for quicker access. "custom wav alarm" could be moved to the config screen.

added feature to mark dishes for preload at startup
Thx, but it's not working correctly

- At startup loading only one or nothing...
- If set on start and then rename this dish - app will crash on startup.

Thx, but it's not working correctly

- At startup loading only one or nothing...
No such issues here.

- If set on start and then rename this dish - app will crash on startup.
Also: no such issues here. Dishes no longer found (or renamed) in the dishlist are removed from the startup list.

Are you using russian cyrillic in the dishes? Maybe this may have an impact somewhere. Could the provide me your /home/user/.config/cooktimer/cooktimer.items content for testing purposes (mail, pastebin or whatever)?

No such issues here.
Try to create three or less dishes and you can see all this issues.

Cyrillic - okay, it's not a problem.

Try to create three or less dishes and you can see all this issues.

Cyrillic - okay, it's not a problem.
Looks like you are right. My conclusion is that it goes wrong if it concerns the last dish in the list. With 3 dishes or less you will always hit that bug.

Should be fixed in just uploaded version 0.0.4-6.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rasmarc View Post
So nothing's lost ;-) I'd like to give you my detailed idea of an implementation for easier later consideration.

It is giving each dish an option like "overflow mode" or "overflow when counted to zero" or "count across negative values" and then give the start button and the time counter yellow colors.
When reaching zero the stop button continues to be displayed because the timer is still running (now in red color).
When the stop button is tipped the amount of overflow is shown in the time counter bar (no reset to zero) and the yellow start button appears.

little problem: the "abort alarm" function of the time counter bar collides with its "pause counting" function when counting across negative values.
-------
Here is how I made an implementation:
Once a dish counter is started, you can long-press on the green/orange timer (short press will still pause the timer). It will show a banner that a stopwatch is activated. Repeating that will deactivate the set stopwatch function.
If the stopwatch function is activated and the timer countdown hits the alarm, the green timer will turn into a yellow stopwatch timer, which then can be paused or stopped.
I think that should serve the basic testing purposes you described earlier.

And a new feature is added : Qt translation support. Dutch is included, other language files could be made using the ".ts" file in /opt/cooktimer/translations/.

Version 0.0.4-9 is just uploaded to extras-devel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Here is how I made an implementation:
Once a dish counter is started, you can long-press on the green/orange timer (short press will still pause the timer). It will show a banner that a stopwatch is activated. Repeating that will deactivate the set stopwatch function.
If the stopwatch function is activated and the timer countdown hits the alarm, the green timer will turn into a yellow stopwatch timer, which then can be paused or stopped.
I think that should serve the basic testing purposes you described earlier.
Yes, i like the long press operation, good look and feel. i wondered if you were keeping an eye on my request, thank you - some mental "yeah, wow" waves are flooding me.

what could be even better now? i recognized the following:

1. it's not fully satisfying that the countdown has no mark that shows it's in "testing mode". why not give the yellow color to the running countdown already! and furthermore switching could be able before the coundown is started and marked by a yellow start button. would that even have a better look and feel in your opinion? switch yellow switch green...

2. when pausing in testing mode a leading sign would be useful. i suggest a negative sign when countdown is paused (that would be the amount of time you have to subtract) and a positive sign when stopwatch is paused.

3. switching stopwatch on/off can be disabled when the stopwatch is already running.

... just ideas

btw i'm just using it already, thanks again.

------

and i found minor bugs but it's getting late, so i'll report them at another time.

Last edited by rasmarc; 2013-11-10 at 16:51. Reason: added #2, #3

Tags
cooktimer, nokia n900