Notices

UbuTab
"A 1TB Ubuntu tablet for media lovers"

Posts: 6,619 | Thanked: 7,820 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
UbuTab
"A 1TB Ubuntu tablet for media lovers"
Ubuntu what? No 5G? I'm seriously disappointed.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Posts: 1,094 | Thanked: 5,607 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
We had all the suppliers lined up and had already spent countless hours working on the design.
hours? crazy.

campaign host studies education and no hardware, proto's or mockups anywhere.

edit: and it is flexible funding, so if she doens't reach the goal, no obligations and she still gets the money. this another one of her campaigns that failed 4 days ago.

i call scam and all funders will never see a product or their money again

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 748 | Thanked: 2,779 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Good luck with that
  • an unknown company
  • no mention of warranty and repair service
  • created by a "Hard working farm and city girl with big dreams and endless ambition." studying her major in Education
  • the video promises 2TB of internal storage, yet they promise 1TB everywhere else
  • includes a stylus, but no mention of digitizer
  • no mention on shipping or taxes
  • of course it is the infamous 'Flexible funding' so I wouldn't be surprised if they run away with the money halfway through the fundraiser
  • is Ubuntu for Tablets even stable (or is expected to be by the time this is supposed to arrive)?

EDIT: Dirk was faster
tl;dr: It is a scam.
The worst thing is even if you don't use it, it takes one ***** who does and has your number in his/her contacts and your number is uploaded to servers of this insane company for 'anyone interested' to read.
Thumbs up for everyone supporting WhatsApp on Maemo. NOT

Posts: 1,094 | Thanked: 5,607 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
EDIT: Dirk was faster
tl;dr: It is a scam.
kaboom

anyway, sent indiegogo an email. they should be pretty quick with taking it down.

Posts: 6,619 | Thanked: 7,820 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who can honestly buy that?

Its like buying a kebab on the street and think they are going for a meal at Masa in New York City that costs $585 per person.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Posts: 1,973 | Thanked: 1,821 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Dave invite me to masa now

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Dave invite me to masa now
If I ever meat you in NYC I will My Masa is your Masa. But you still need a burger right after

http://www.masanyc.com

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Surely anyone who can recognise ubuntu touch (or even know what ubuntu is), would be wise enough to know this is ain't right. So who would fund a project based on an OS that even canonical admits is not ready?

Posts: 1,973 | Thanked: 1,821 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Meat ??? Keep your ph on