Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, I know, and I used to when I had the time. I don't at the moment, being flat out between work, commuting to work and the family.

But even if I could, that would make just another hobbyist contribution. My call was for professional contributions. That does not mean software professionals giving their spare time, it means someone writing Sailfish applications exclusively as their primary job. Full time. For money.

Regarding your other points, thank you. I admit I have been out of touch for a while and did not follow all the latest advances. This is mostly because I no longer use Jolla as my main phone. I switched back to N900.
Dear @pichlo, sorry, but You are demagogue, not E(!)ngineer. If You havn't desire to help, then You keep quiet please.
May be You think Rinigus and other suffer from idleness?..
HERE(MapsMe...) for SfOS? You may pay to here.com(or Mail.ru...) and use it after...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
Dear @pichlo, sorry, but You are demagogue, not E(!)ngineer.
Wow!

If You havn't desire to help, then You keep quiet please.
First, I said I do not have the time to contribute, not the desire. I may not have the necessary skills either. There are different kinds of software engineers, just like there are different kinds of doctors. Would you go to your dentist to take out your appendix?

Second, I acknowledged my lack of awareness and thanked rinigus for his contributions and bringing my attention to it.

Lastly, this is exactly the kind of arrogance that gives FOSS a bad name. "If you don't want to help, then shut up." If you cannot see why that attitude can put the users off, then there is no help for you.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
But even if I could, that would make just another hobbyist contribution. My call was for professional contributions. That does not mean software professionals giving their spare time, it means someone writing Sailfish applications exclusively as their primary job. Full time. For money.
Let's keep the discussion on topic and non-personal. In the end, we all want to help and resolve the problems that we have - otherwise we would do something else than being at TMO.

Thanks for a reply - I do understand the trade-offs and we cannot always contribute as much as we would like. I wouldn't mind to have people working professionally on SFOS and its apps. However, I guess, we are not in the position, in terms of the market share, where we can pay for many developers.

In terms of satnav, we are fortunate to have a very hard problem that is solved by professionals in open source manner. This could be not the case for other problematic cases. However, there is a hope that with the movement to Wayland by Linux distros, we may get more coverage through "regular" libs.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Oh, who was it asking for XZs TA save? You might be lucky - new BT kernel bug was disclosed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Bought a Xperia X but the dual sim version, was at a good price couldn't help myself. Now fingers crossed they do support the dual sim version

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Bought a Xperia X but the dual sim version, was at a good price couldn't help myself. Now fingers crossed they do support the dual sim version
If it's the same way as with android at the very least it will work with one sim if you flash the single-sim rom.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
They hinted that they work on F5122 dual-sim support, too. Which would be logical.

PS I have dual-sim X, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
All these are prime examples of "services" which are designed just to lure people in to be exploited and ground to powder to power the provider's machinery.

No thanks!

Remember the old adage that if it's "free", you're the product.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish..._iknewyoudlook

More directions have been added. It may be possible to build an image now.

Last edited by one_with_linux; 2017-09-15 at 04:16.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by one_with_linux View Post
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish..._iknewyoudlook

More directions have been added. It may be possible to build an image now.
I wonder if we can use the built in bash on Windows 10 to do all of this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x