Looking further into this, it is clear that it is a versioning and implementation thing that hotmail uses.. Maemo had this exact problem with Hotmails ActiveSync as well, hopefully the N9 devs might update some of the versions on PR1.2 to fix this incompatability

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Switching to gmail, cba with microsoft and their nonsense..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Switching to gmail, cba with microsoft and their nonsense..
Okay, I wanted to find out if it has something to do with the provider/type of email.

I have a personal account that is hosted on a cpanel server and on my N9, I used Other mail account to access the email using IMAP.

HTML email gets formatted correctly on that one as well.

I decided to configure z-push (http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/) to setup MfE for the IMAP account.

I successfully, I think, configured it and configured another account as MfE in my N9.

Interestingly, the MfE version of the same email on the same N9 looks a lot different from the straight IMAP mail. See the pics. Well formated image is from the IMAP.

So is it possible hotmail has a similar implementation for MfE? Anybody else using z-push to access IMAP accounts?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
I could not find any other email that uses html. Who actually uses html in their email other than spammers anyway?

So ignore the contents of the email images in my previous post. It is a spam email! Don't ask/post/call me for 2.87% financing. :-)

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I could not find any other email that uses html. Who actually uses html in their email other than spammers anyway?

So ignore the contents of the email images in my previous post. It is a spam email! Don't ask/post/call me for 2.87% financing. :-)
Well alot of companies when you order a product for store pickup, send you a html formatted email with a barcode ect, its just a bit nicer then looking at blue hyperlinks to emails and plain text..

I am in the process of copying all my old mail from my hotmail to my gmail account, saves me from the html-less hassle

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Well alot of companies when you order a product for store pickup, send you a html formatted email with a barcode ect, its just a bit nicer then looking at blue hyperlinks to emails and plain text..

I am in the process of copying all my old mail from my hotmail to my gmail account, saves me from the html-less hassle
I do get lots of those in the personal account :- gmail account.

I really don't have any email with html except some spam in my work related account :- the imap account.

From my research, it looks like current version on z-push strips out the html in email. z-push-2 is said to start supporting, which is in alpha.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Looking further into this, it is clear that it is a versioning and implementation thing that hotmail uses.. Maemo had this exact problem with Hotmails ActiveSync as well, hopefully the N9 devs might update some of the versions on PR1.2 to fix this incompatability
Are you sure that's simply it?
Did you try delete the Hotmail acct & re-create it?
It'd still be interesting to see what Sergey has to say about all of this.
Apart from PM'ing him you posted in that thread right?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I successfully, I think, configured it and configured another account as MfE in my N9.
Interestingly, the MfE version of the same email on the same N9 looks a lot different from the straight IMAP mail. See the pics. Well formated image is from the IMAP.
So is it possible hotmail has a similar implementation for MfE? Anybody else using z-push to access IMAP accounts?
Interesting findings, thanks for sharing!
It'd be worthwhile presenting it to sergey & seeing what he has to say.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Are you sure that's simply it?
Did you try delete the Hotmail acct & re-create it?
It'd still be interesting to see what Sergey has to say about all of this.
Apart from PM'ing him you posted in that thread right?
Yeah I posted it on the thread,

I have searched multiple online sources and found that I am not the only person experiencing hotmails lack of HTML support for their ActiveSync/MailForExchange service

Apparently you need a specific microsoft exchange version in order for html to be properly coded, but I cant wait around for microsoft to change this or for Nokia to sort out their email clients.

This doesnt just affect MeeGo or Maemo, it affects ALL nokia phones apart from the new Windows Phone line..

My Contributions

Who actually uses html in their email other than spammers anyway?
I just checked my last 25 emails. All 25 of them were HTML emails (and not spam).

Also, the N9 email client itself generates and sends HTML emails.

Seems strange for the client to render emails differently from different sources.

Is it possible the N9 email client is only fetching the text part from the Exchange server?

Thanks.