Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
TheOneRing Status

Last night I had a SMS conversation inside of Empathy.

Bugs
* On startup when a threaded GV SMS conversation has been appended, the whole conversation gets shown
* Resource leaks
** Channels
** Connection

Issues
* Empathy isn't letting me set my presence, still investigating why
* Empathy isn't letting me make calls, still investigating why

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Callback is Gizmo, Domestic. I did not see the last error I mentioned under 1.0.8.
when callback is my cell it works. hope this helps and thanks for the app.
Thanks. So my fix helped some people, broke others. Great. I'm unsure what I should do about this besides throw in more things to be logged to try and narrow down the issue.

Everyone getting error code 20, if you haven't already please confirm that it is only with Gizmo and not regular phone callbacks. If you get it with more than Gizmo and I missed your post, please re-post. Also, most Gizmo callbacks start with 1747, does anyone have one that isn't?

For the bug on this, see
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5962

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hey Ed-- you might find Ribbit interesting:

http://www.ribbit.com/
I'll look into this. btw have you tried 1.0.9 to see if you get any callback issues?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Last night I had a SMS conversation inside of Empathy.
WOOHOO!
Really looking forward to TheOneRing; thanks for all your hard work.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
have you tried 1.0.9 to see if you get any callback issues?
Since I had to send back the N900 I have not kept up with any updates-- but I can try it on my N810...

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Since I had to send back the N900 I have not kept up with any updates-- but I can try it on my N810...
Sorry to rub it in, I forgot about that.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sorry to rub it in, I forgot about that.
Nah, you didn't. If I could afford it I'd have just bought one using the discount and be back in business.

I'm probably being stupid, but are there supposed to be contacts in my 'Contacts' tab?
I've honestly never paid attention, but just noticed that no one shows up in there. I do have contacts that show up on the gvoice page, and obviously in my n900's Contacts application, but the Dialcentral tab is empty.

Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
I'm probably being stupid, but are there supposed to be contacts in my 'Contacts' tab?
I've honestly never paid attention, but just noticed that no one shows up in there. I do have contacts that show up on the gvoice page, and obviously in my n900's Contacts application, but the Dialcentral tab is empty.
At the top is the way to select the contact source. The default is "None" but you can select "Google Voice" or the filename of a CSV file if you use some backdoor means to import it.

Do you see none when it says "None" or "Google Voice"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
At the top is the way to select the contact source. The default is "None" but you can select "Google Voice" or the filename of a CSV file if you use some backdoor means to import it.

Do you see none when it says "None" or "Google Voice"?
Hi Epage.
I see it. Text size in contacts little bit larger than on other pages....
What do you think about change "None" to "Select Source of contacts". I didn't know that it is possible to change contacts before this post.

And I have callback on Gizmo!!!!

Thanks, epage. I didn't reallize that 'None' was clickable, I guess I thought it was just telling me there weren't any contacts...

Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
Thanks, epage. I didn't reallize that 'None' was clickable, I guess I thought it was just telling me there weren't any contacts...
It does take forever to load the contacts, but in my TheOneRing work, I've sped that up. Eventually I'll need to update Dialcentral with that speed up to (and add import capability to Dialcentral so you can add CSV contact lists without using the command line)