Source:

http://androidcommunity.com/nokia-he...ting-20121130/

Did they learn? A new hope?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
...Andriod - Best mobile OS in the world...
Bull-ox!!!!

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Source:

http://androidcommunity.com/nokia-he...ting-20121130/

Did they learn? A new hope?
Don't see any new hope if they launch an android device. Would be much cooler if they joined jolla and launched a sailfish device. We have plenty of android options. We need more OS options instead, not few...er

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-30 at 20:13.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Like I said about MeeGo Harmattan. Microsoft would do anything to kill it off in favor of Windows Mobile, and they did by seriously restricting it's availability and Steve (Monkeyboy) Ballmer has made it clear that he's out to kill off open source.
Suggested figures indicate that the N9 outsold Nokia's Windows devices, and probably would have continued to do so if it was shipped in quantity worldwide.
My guess is they're trying to muscle in on something else. But what? some sort of Alien Dalvic type of integration?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Most likely just the Navteq division and Nokia Location Products, hiring. They aren't doing too bad and have contracts for many embedded devices like location services for cameras and cars, as well as enterprise middleware. Many of these are linux based. Also Navteq makes location middleware for app developers for both Android and iOS

Here' one such Navteq job in Sunnyvale CA

http://www.creativeheads.net/job/105...o-in-sunnyvale

"The Augmented Reality Product Manager will be principally responsible for developing and driving the 24 month product and technology roadmap to support Nokia’s Augmented Reality Strategy. Specifically, you will be responsible for identifying markets, designing products, managing growth, and working with various teams to deliver key products that push the edge of AR technology on mobile devices, As part of this role, you’ll define prioritized list of needs that match both customer requirements and future trends, and work with a wide variety of internal departments to move products from the idea-level to revenue-generating elements of the portfolio. This role requires significant internal collaboration with Marketing, Legal and Business Affairs, and R&D. A wide range of skills – including technical acumen, strong interpersonal skills, and a keen focus on shipping great products – is critical to success in this role. "

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pataphysician For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Could also be that they are trying to step up the map battle for Android with a nokia maps option. Or more wishful thinking maps for tizen, sailfish other Linux oses.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Could also be that they are trying to step up the map battle for Android with a nokia maps option. Or more wishful thinking maps for tizen, sailfish other Linux oses.
And preparing pr 1.4 on the side?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Probably creating a Windows Linux hybrid.

Winsux.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Yes, because hiring one linux guy in a company like Nokia means instantly Nokia is jumping for Android.... huoh. I mean a company with 120 000 people working might just need couple of linux guys laying around for support sake alone.

But i guess BGR or whoever started this got their clicks so i guess that's enough.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Yes, because hiring one linux guy in a company like Nokia means instantly Nokia is jumping for Android.... huoh. I mean a company with 120 000 people working might just need couple of linux guys laying around for support sake alone.

But i guess BGR or whoever started this got their clicks so i guess that's enough.
120.000? Didnt they fire half of them?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: