Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Can you name some more examples.
Your Clutter example isn't even a good one, as clutters
main purpose is rendering animations.
There isn't any gestures recognition or stealing.
hildon-desktop understands the following "gestures"
mouse clicked
mouse long pressed
mouse dragged

BTW, portrait mode was highly demanded by many
users.
Thanks for sharing that about clutter, how difficult was it to share that information!?
Anything else useful that you can share to someone with very little freetime that tries to add for instance gestures like mouse long-press to the desktop?

Portrait mode *was* highly demanded once upon a time and someone created a package with a new hildon where portrait was a big part of it and cssu incorporated that into the cssu distribution. every detail is in the changelogs...

Last edited by electroaudio; 2012-09-23 at 22:32.

Who the hell are YOU!?!?
Do you have any thing to do with cssu at all, or are you just argueing because you have a boring life???
Ps, I dont even have cssu on my n900...
It seems you don't have anything to do with CSSU neither

CSSU is not meaningless for the "community", since it has a strong potential to improve the longevity of our devices. But, again, if you feel that it should be done in another way than currently, put your hands where your words are: initiate the elections for a council, convince the developers sharing your way to maintain your version of an alternate CSSU, and make all of this a reality. Since current CSSU and alternate CSSU will include different features, it will certainly bring maintainers of both CSSUs to cherry-pick features of interest in the other CSSU repositories and bring joy and happiness to everyone.

And that's where I'll stop: back to my boring life...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Thanks for sharing that about clutter, how difficult was it to share that information!?
What do you mean? It wasn't difficult (?)

Anything else useful that you can share to someone with very little freetime that tries to add for instance gestures like mouse long-press to the desktop?
Hildon-Desktop already understands long-press, thats how
"edit-mode" is started.

Portrait mode *was* highly demanded once upon a time and someone created a package with a new hildon where portrait was a big part of it and cssu incorporated that into the cssu distribution. every detail is in the changelogs...
distributing a modified hildon-desktop with portrait mode support
isn't easy outside of the cssu-packages.
hildon-desktop is not just like other applications. Actually
hildon-desktop and hildon-home are good examples for those
"inner system stuff" that should be part of cssu.

nicolai

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
What do you mean? It wasn't difficult (?)
Good... can you tell me where in the hildon-desktop source i need to look for the gestures?

Hildon-Desktop already understands long-press, thats how
"edit-mode" is started.
And that is a behaviour i want to change...
-and i know very well that cssu knows exactly where in the source to look.

I want to give the widgetsystem acess to those longpresses and all the other unused gestures and make it possible for those who wants N9/swype to be able to get it even if i dont like swype myself, except for the characteristic swipegesture to change desktop.
-And also move the edit-mode to the topmenu where it belongs.

distributing a modified hildon-desktop with portrait mode support
isn't easy outside of the cssu-packages.
hildon-desktop is not just like other applications. Actually
hildon-desktop and hildon-home are good examples for those
"inner system stuff" that should be part of cssu.

nicolai
I know that very well...

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Good... can you tell me where in the hildon-desktop source i need to look for the gestures?
patch against hildon-desktop from cssu git:
Code:
--- a/src/home/hd-home.c
+++ b/src/home/hd-home.c
@@ -591,12 +591,12 @@ press_timeout_cb (gpointer data)
     priv->press_timeout = 0;

priv->long_press = TRUE;
-
+  /*
        if(STATE_IS_PORTRAIT (hd_render_manager_get_state()))
          hd_render_manager_set_state(HDRM_STATE_HOME_EDIT_PORTRAIT);
        else
          hd_render_manager_set_state(HDRM_STATE_HOME_EDIT);
-
+  */
   if (priv->pressed_applet)
     do_applet_release (home,
                        priv->pressed_applet,
I know that very well...
Now I really DON'T understand your rants.

nicolai

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
It is noticed that mplayer is muted when the profile is set on silent.

Mplayer was patched a long time ago to prevent this. But the muting seems to have returned in some later CSSU test and stable versions.

Non CSSU users still have the sound active in mplayer using silent mode is reported.

My question therefore is: has there been a change in CSSU that might explain this change? Did mplayer perhaps use a unsupported workaround which no longer functions?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
It is noticed that mplayer is muted when the profile is set on silent.

Mplayer was patched a long time ago to prevent this. But the muting seems to have returned in some later CSSU test and stable versions.

Non CSSU users still have the sound active in mplayer using silent mode is reported.

My question therefore is: has there been a change in CSSU that might explain this change? Did mplayer perhaps use a unsupported workaround which no longer functions?
+1 have some trouble (using CSSU test)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeT For This Useful Post:
I was one of few people affected by genfstab.awk being overwritten during system-services update, as part of latest CSSU.

Of course, it's completely understandable, that CSSU can't support things like that - while theoretically, for short scripts like genfstab.awk it would be possible to write script-logic that read filesystem mount options, and re-use them in new version of script, but I agree, that it's not feasible.

Hoever, while ago, it was mentioned, that in future version, CSSU may check if script was modified, and if true, abort update. Here is my request - instead of such troublesome approach, couldn't CSSU mimic normal way system updates work in debian world[1] - i.e., when custom changes detected, just warn user, mentioning which files are going to be changed, exactly, allowing to either continue, or abort update?

This way, preventing reboot-loop would be trivial - following current situation's example, I would know that genfstab.awk was changed, so I could open it before rebooting, and redo my custom changes.
---

I hope that this suggestion will meet approval, as it doesn't sound like troublesome to implement (at least, not much more troublesome, than simply aborting update, when change detected). Thanks in advance.

/Estel

[1] In debian world, it's also possible to continue update while keeping old version of file, or to open shell for investigating - but, it's about config files, not scripts, like in our case. Thus, I think that just informing user about whereabouts of changed files, and allowing to continue or abort, should be enough - in our case. Keeping old version of scripts and continuing update sounds like a no-go, as it could result in unpredictable breakage of system functions.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-27 at 00:58.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I have also got "bzip2 applet not found". It came after some cssu update (which was not very correct, as cssu setup complains (but does its job) ), now I dont have bzip2 anymore, that means no updates anymore. I dont see other solution that reflash. If there is something, I would be glad to go easier way.
j

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by jaromrax View Post
Hi,
I have also got "bzip2 applet not found". It came after some cssu update (which was not very correct, as cssu setup complains (but does its job) ), now I dont have bzip2 anymore, that means no updates anymore. I dont see other solution that reflash. If there is something, I would be glad to go easier way.
j
What is the result of running following code in terminal?
Code:
sudo apt-get install bzip2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing