Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Since neither Nokia nor the Maemo folks have been able to come up with a decent chess program (imho), I got the bright idea of buying one for the Palm.

I tried the demo for Hiarcs and it worked fine. However, now that I need to register it i have a problem.

I think that all I need to do is paste in the registration number and i'll be home free, but I'm not sure.

The instructions are to enter a key to activate the product. The key is extremely long. I would paste it if I knew how to paste into the Garnet emulator or into the Graffiti space, or if I could get the keyboard to pop up in Hiarcs I would try Ctrl-V and pray.

Ideas? I've seen Hotsync suggested in similar situations but I don't understand how that would work exactly since I haven't used Hotsync for years.

Last edited by geneven; 2011-02-10 at 22:50.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
As a quick test, I just copied the first paragraph of your post into GVM's memo pad from microb. Once you copy your key to maemo clipboard, you can paste it into the key entry dialog into the palm app using grafitti gestures.

EDIT: Keep in mind that GVM hooks into modifier key input, so the Ctrl key won't work. You absolutely must use grafitti to paste from maemo apps. But it does work.

Last edited by FreeThinker; 2011-02-10 at 05:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
As a quick test, I just copied the first paragraph of your post into GVM's memo pad from microb. Once you copy your key to maemo clipboard, you can paste it into the key entry dialog into the palm app using grafitti gestures.

EDIT: Keep in mind that GVM hooks into modifier key input, so the Ctrl key won't work. You absolutely must use grafitti to paste from maemo apps. But it does work.
Thanks, that's great to know that it definitely works! I'll look for grafitte paste instructions. Fun!

I FINALLY found a palm manual with copy paste instructions -- yay -- only to discover I didn't need them.

It turned out I had to install a program to register Hiarcs and it now works. When I pay for things with Paypal I have to use a different email address than usual -- Paypal has me as a public enemy because I tried to use my account when I was living in Moscow -- so I didn't see the correct instructions Hiarcs had sent me.

So, all is well!