Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Just a query on my above post
  • as you can see the battery % has a random / in there, i'm assuming thats something due to the % i have asked to be placed there. (I tried stripping the value - definitley was not in there) - is there an extra ' or a " or similar i need when putting symbols in Quotes?
  • Can someone explain simply how i get a button to call a function please? - i understand the "def part" - created a function, but really can't figure out how to simply call it from the button... is there any easy guide?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Nice to see you're started some dev work for Maemo. That makes me jealous, as I sadly didn't get round to it yet.

Anyhow, I have feature request - you could add readings from liblocation library (I reckon), that are GPS and - most importantly to me - GSM network, ie. CID, LAC, MNC-NCC etc.

I also look forward to see py source file so I could get some inspiration for my own work.

All in all, great job! :)

Last edited by evad; 2010-02-17 at 16:13. Reason: jealous not jelaous :)

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Nice to see you're started some dev work for Maemo. That makes me jealous, as I sadly didn't get round to it yet.

Anyhow, I have feature request - you could add readings from liblocation library (I reckon), that are GPS and - most importantly to me - GSM network, ie. CID, LAC, MNC-NCC etc.

I also look forward to see py source file so I could get some inspiration for my own work.

All in all, great job!
Oooo good idea, yes! - will chuck it in the hardware bit for now
Will let you know how i get on - looks reasonably easy - so might have an example to show later

I'm going to tidy up the code on fri/sat - and release the commented version in here
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Oooo good idea, yes! - will chuck it in the hardware bit for now :)
Will let you know how i get on - looks reasonably easy :D - so might have an example to show later :)

I'm going to tidy up the code on fri/sat - and release the commented version in here :)
Excellent, can't wait! However, if you don't mind sharing dirty code, I wouldn't mind either ;)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Excellent, can't wait! However, if you don't mind sharing dirty code, I wouldn't mind either

hehe it really is very dirty and anyone with an ounce of programming knowledge will hang me! - wait until i have a few more api's linked in - will be a much better starting point

Managed to get the lat and long read and printed out in the terminal - just going to get a new label created and slap it onto the page, will then post a screeny here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
If you have ever coded anything before, I'd suggest you should take a peek at "Dive into python" third version. Try googling it. It's available for free in html and pdf.

The Following User Says Thank You to chainreaction For This Useful Post:
wow that was a logistical mare....
just learnt about global variables in python, and oddly stretched the front cam label box!

gps positioning api...... done!!
(And everyone now knows where i am, oh well - tough life testing things lol!)
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
oi qwerty i can see you stalking me! (Well the thanks anyway, and thank you!) - any helpful tips on how to get the pushButton to actually just run a function with nothing to send/return (Called a sub in an old language if i remember correctly?!) ?! (Don't suppose there is an easy walk through?!) hehehe

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
oi qwerty i can see you stalking me! (Well the thanks anyway, and thank you!) - any helpful tips on how to get the pushButton to actually just run a function with nothing to send/return (Called a sub in an old language if i remember correctly?!) ?! (Don't suppose there is an easy walk through?!) hehehe
Come on man.. that's exactly what Mine was to show you how to do .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
If you have ever coded anything before, I'd suggest you should take a peek at "Dive into python" third version. Try googling it. It's available for free in html and pdf.
Great info, will do!

Have experience in VB, ASP/vb.net, Ada and Pascal - but a long time ago on most of them

Tags
code, health check, n900, python