Notices

thanks again for your work !

some suggestions concerning Catorise Gui :

1) this is probably not that important and doesn't affect functionallity or usability, but you may want to fix :

when the user creates a new category, a hildon-style banner shows up telling the user that his category has been created and to click save in order to reload the menu, however the menu still reloads without clicking save.

the user may want to customize the menu and create multiple categories/edit existing ones/re arrange items then reload the menu once he is done.

if hildon automatically reloads the menu once modified, you can circumvent this by creating a new folder some where, create the new directories there, if a user changes a directory make .change file for example describing the changes.

then once the user selects save, move those directory files to the appropriate folder, and apply the changes descried by the .change file, meaning don't actually make any real changes until the user click save, till then keep all changes virtual.

this should prevent redundant reloading of the menu.

2) this is a hard one; you may want to reconsider the arrangement of the UI, instead of having a list of applications with a list box beside each one, you can try a more organised UI, a hildonized alacarte UI perhaps ?
alacarte is coded in python, you may want to take a look.

thanks in advance.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
1) this is probably not that important and doesn't affect functionallity or usability, but you may want to fix :

when the user creates a new category, a hildon-style banner shows up telling the user that his category has been created and to click save in order to reload the menu, however the menu still reloads without clicking save.

the user may want to customize the menu and create multiple categories/edit existing ones/re arrange items then reload the menu once he is done.

if hildon automatically reloads the menu once modified, you can circumvent this by creating a new folder some where, create the new directories there, if a user changes a directory make .change file for example describing the changes.

then once the user selects save, move those directory files to the appropriate folder, and apply the changes descried by the .change file, meaning don't actually make any real changes until the user click save, till then keep all changes virtual.

this should prevent redundant reloading of the menu.
I'll try it.

Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
2) this is a hard one; you may want to reconsider the arrangement of the UI, instead of having a list of applications with a list box beside each one, you can try a more organised UI, a hildonized alacarte UI perhaps ?
alacarte is coded in python, you may want to take a look.

thanks in advance.
There will not be a same, but it will be "sorted" by categories.

But that will take some time, because I currently do not have much time.

The Following User Says Thank You to feurigel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I have a strange problem with catoiseplus:
All went fine until now. It's the first time I installed new apps after the installation of catoriseplus. I can see the new apps in the menu, but i can't find them in catoriseplus. So i'm not able to chose in which category my new apps should go. Any hints?
I've rebooted my devoce already .

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I have a strange problem with catoiseplus:
All went fine until now. It's the first time I installed new apps after the installation of catoriseplus. I can see the new apps in the menu, but i can't find them in catoriseplus. So i'm not able to chose in which category my new apps should go. Any hints?
I've rebooted my devoce already .
Really Strange. Oo
What applications were installed?
In which categories are the applications?

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Hello feurigel, thanx for your prompt reaction. I've installed Atomic Tanks and handsoff.
Both were in no category.
Meanwhile i purged catorise plus - but I had to delete the catorise folder in opt manually. Afterwards I reinstalled catoriseplus and for the moment the problem is solved and i don't know if the problem will appear again.
Maybe it was because i've renamed every given category?
If it happens again i will tell you.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Question:
Is there Drag&Drop class/feature/library in maemo UI? It would make apps like these quite easy to use, fast and most importantly intuitive.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
any chance of the hide option to be added?? thanks

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
any chance of the hide option to be added?? thanks
Is in the ToDo-List. But that will take some time, because I currently do not have much time.

The Following User Says Thank You to feurigel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Seems like it doesn't detect the Open Media Player icon.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72156

It shows the icon only in the "All" section.
Any way to get this fixed?

Edit:
After installing any app, catorise automatically refreshed, so it added the Open Media Player icon too.

Maybe add some "refresh" button on the Catorise Plus options?

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-07-18 at 23:06.