Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
hi guys!
i flashed my device like 3 days ago, downloaded some of my apps again; everything good
i tried to install android but failed (seems that my device is locked by operator)
anyhow i installed faster n9 (stable release)
the thing is these since day 1 of flash is acting weird:
toggles my grtalk avaibility online by itself
ask me again and again 4 my password (ovi account and gmail)
a few other stuff....
not sure why is this happening; hope someone knows
thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
you have flashed open mode kernel so either go back to normal mode or delete your accounts by entering the following in terminal:

Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
After rebooting set up accounts again and it'll ask passwords only on the first reboot after creation...

How can I delete my failed atempt of installing android?? Back To normal kernel?

Originally Posted by emiliofab1 View Post
How can I delete my failed atempt of installing android?? Back To normal kernel?
flasher -f -F rootfs.bin --flash-only=kernel

That should flash back normal kernel but official guides say a rootfs flash is the way to go so try the above first and still you remain in open mode then do a rootfs-only flash...

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
you have flashed open mode kernel so either go back to normal mode or delete your accounts by entering the following in terminal:

Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
After rebooting set up accounts again and it'll ask passwords only on the first reboot after creation...
just got curious, I am also in open mode with nitdroid install which i rarely use. Can the above mentioned solution work for me as in currently I require to enter my password at every reboot.

Cheers

Originally Posted by kumary View Post
just got curious, I am also in open mode with nitdroid install which i rarely use. Can the above mentioned solution work for me as in currently I require to enter my password at every reboot.

Cheers
Yes

10 chars

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Yes

10 chars
can you please tell me what does those three codes does because now i don't have any data in mydocs and all personal and apps data is also gone

Originally Posted by kumary View Post
can you please tell me what does those three codes does because now i don't have any data in mydocs and all personal and apps data is also gone
What did you do

Those 3 lines of commands just delete all your accounts so that you can set them up again...You have a screen or output of what you did? Don't tell me you ended up typing something totally different and more sinister...

The same commands have been used by countless people countless number of times; they are even on forum.nitdroid.com so you must have screwed up somewhere...

Edit: I have a bad feeling what you have done is:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/<space>.accounts

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-18 at 16:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
What did you do

Those 3 lines of commands just delete all your accounts so that you can set them up again...You have a screen or output of what you did? Don't tell me you ended up typing something totally different and more sinister...

The same commands have been used by countless people countless number of times; they are even on forum.nitdroid.com so you must have screwed up somewhere...
seems like i screwed up... and now I lost all data and my phone is behaving weird

I get notification for messages, calls but nothing shows up in call logs or messages, also i lost all folders and all apps within them, everything got resetted, even i lost terminal app now coz it was in an folder,

and don't know what more i lost more... heading to reflash it...

will be more careful next time

thank u very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to emiliofab1 For This Useful Post: