Active Topics

Hello guys!
A few days ago I faced a strange problem with the Media Player. When I press "Play" on it, it starts playing music, but it does not update the timer and does not respond to any button (Next, Previous, Pause, Back, switch to list mode). After about 25-30 seconds, it becomes responsive again. When the track ends or when I press "Next/Previous", the same problem appears.
It's interesting that the Media Player widget remains responsive during these first 25-30 seconds of a song. I can pause it, click next or previous. The player still does not redraw itself. But if I close the player and use only the widget, the widget becomes unresponsive for the first 25-30 seconds of a track.
MediaBox acts strange too. It simply hangs for 30 or more seconds when it starts playing a new song. Unlike Media Player, it even does not play the music in the background.
PulseAudio consumes 10-15% of cpu. When the mediaplayer is unresponsive, its process does not take more than a few percent of the CPU.
I have pr.1.3, cssu, kp50. I uninstalled speedpatch and batterypatch in an attempt to fix the bug, but it didn't help. I do have foreca weather and OMweather widgets on other screens. I hid them, but it didn't help either.
Please advise!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
That's odd. I've been having the same issue lately... for about on week or so. Could this be related to some update? :/

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I have been having a similar problem lately too, I thought it could be related to OMP (which I installed two weeks ago).
Sound like it may not be now.
For me hildon- home runs at 90% until I remove the widget from the desktop.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I have been having a similar problem lately too, I thought it could be related to OMP (which I installed two weeks ago).
Sound like it may not be now.
For me hildon- home runs at 90% until I remove the widget from the desktop.
I didn't have OMP installed, so it's not the root of the issue.
I *do* have it installed now, and it's the solution to the issue!

The Following User Says Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post: