Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
You appear to have missed the part where most of the presenters were not speaking in their native tongue. So not only were nervous with stage fright but they had to contend with the English language too.
WHAT!? Isnt every country have english as native language

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
It would be nice to have a poll.
which UI do we prefer. Harmattan or Sailfish?
which UI have you used........ Harmattan or Sailfish?

I'd say Sailfish beacause Harmattan has remained unchaged since it was introduced last year..Still Sailfish doesn't do too much for me..
I would go for BB10..At the moment it is far better than Harmattan and Sailfish..

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I'd say Sailfish beacause Harmattan has remained unchaged since it was introduced last year..Still Sailfish doesn't do too much for me..
I would go for BB10..At the moment it is far better than Harmattan and Sailfish..
I don't understand the meaning of this answer to this question:
which UI do we prefer Harmattan or Sailfish?= BB10!
Sorry to me i doesn't make sense.
Isn't BB10 a hardware to be compared to N9 or N950 etc or have I misunderstood something?

I honestly can't say at this point yet. it really should be only judged when we see Jolla's own software running on their own hardware.
To me the core UI is close enough so it really comes to the speed of UI that i think Jolla will win.

Somebody who plays around with multiple smartphones a year (at the moment i have Lumia 800, N9, iPhone 4S, GS3) the N9 speed is just not enough for me anymore.
Honestly i don't think i probably can't use Jolla's phone as my only phone, just like i couldn't N9.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-11-21 at 23:09.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
which UI have you used........ Harmattan or Sailfish?
based on what we've seen so far.
based on the "impact" each one had on us when we first saw it being demoed

*when I watched the N9 presentation back in June 2011, I was like "OMG OMG OMG!!!"

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-11-21 at 23:21.

I don't think people who say that this UI is nothing new or that Harmattan had it better realize how the usability of your device will change if you can interact with 3,4 or 5 applications at the same time on the same screen without additional touches/clicks/key-presses/whatever - even desktop operating systems don't have that solved properly, so IMO, if Jolla pulls this off, its definitely groundbreaking.

The only concern is if they make it fast, fluid and shiny enough to attract the masses.

Last edited by Daneel; 2012-11-22 at 00:04.

wooow maybe this the plan B that elop used to mention if WP couldnt help nokia ..

anyway they said that they will corporate with several partners, will nokia be on of those ?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Well it looks as if Sailfish is an evolution of Harmattan. Not a direct offspring, but a more attractive cousin per say? I don't think we've seen enough to make a judgement. I'm very interested though. I've broken to N9's and am using this abortion of a Lumia until I get a new one. I was going to get the Note 2, but i may just wait until the first Jolla device next year sometime.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
If Nokia is wise, they must buy Jolla eventually (they can even keep the "Jolla" brandname)

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?