Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by vitamina View Post
The fcamera news is great...but it's not want we was expecting
I just played with it, and it's really neat! I have a passing interest in photography, so I love the settings it exposes to me. I'm working on my PhD, so I love that this is current research published at a tier-1 conference. I'm an N900 owner, so I'm pretty excited that all this comes to my phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdstrowes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by vitamina View Post
U also installed fcam drivers ?
Yes, once I noticed the conflict I did an
Code:
# dpkg --purge blessn900
apt-get install fcamera fcam-drivers
The good news is, as soon as I uninstalled fcamera/fcam-drivers and reinstalled blessn900 and rebooted, my camera started working again.

Please don't install this crappy fcam, you will be too "excited" with your N900's camera thrashed.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
we have HDR with Blessn900 and panoramic with panoman, whats new apart from the gyroscope (which is kinda cool, but still)?

maybe this will give better results and/or 'HDR panoramic photos'

will watch and see, what becomes of this, still a bit disappointed

Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
To be fair, it did tell you during the installation that you'd need to reboot before you could use it. (If I recall correctly, BlessN900 required exactly the same.)
I surely did that. Even after the reboot the camera app would crash with "operation failed".

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
we have HDR with Blessn900 and panoramic with panoman, whats new apart from the gyroscope (which is kinda cool, but still)?
You actually get a hell of a lot more control over the camera with this. And this is just a 'sample' application; more interesting stuff will come from whoever uses the API.

Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
What's "panoman"? Couldn't find it either on apt-get or app. manager. Are you talking about QuickPanorama?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
It's good news as it opens up a whole plethora of development opportunities for the camera

The Following User Says Thank You to pthomas22 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Yes, once I noticed the conflict I did an
Code:
# dpkg --purge blessn900
apt-get install fcamera fcam-drivers
The good news is, as soon as I uninstalled fcamera/fcam-drivers and reinstalled blessn900 and rebooted, my camera started working again.

Please don't install this crappy fcam, you will be too "excited" with your N900's camera thrashed.
Have to admit had the exact same experience - guess I will be removing this until its in even an alpha state.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
I just played with it, and it's really neat! I have a passing interest in photography, so I love the settings it exposes to me. I'm working on my PhD, so I love that this is current research published at a tier-1 conference. I'm an N900 owner, so I'm pretty excited that all this comes to my phone.
I have also have a interest in photography, fcam sounds great and the card trik looks great but i was expecting something more from nokia anounce

The Following User Says Thank You to vitamina For This Useful Post:
people want flash 10, people want meego and/or bugfixes, people wants everything, you can't put any word and they start to think of their desires, so, it'll disappoint a lot of people... always!

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed