Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by cybic View Post
Thank you very much, everything worked like a charm, but...

I have some trouble getting my internal card being accessible in windows...

Yes, every time I'm trying to connect, it just tells me "Unable to connect via USB. memory card in use: Internal memory card..."

I was searching all over the net and found a guide:

---------------

Making sure you can still see your card when connected to your PC via USB
If you now connect your device to a PC via USB, you’ll get a message stating “Memory cards in use: internal memory card” and your memory card won’t be available to your PC. To get round this you need to edit /usr/sbin/oss-mmc-umount.sh, replace the if block after the line grep "$MP " /proc/mounts > /dev/null with:

if [ $? = 0 ]; then
if [ "$MP" != "/extfs" ] ; then umount $MP 2> /dev/null ; fi
RC=$?
if [ $RC != 0 ]; then
echo "$0: could not unmount $MP"
exit $RC
fi
fi

Note - if you called your mount point something other than extfs, remember to edit the test [ "$MP" != "/extfs" ] accordingly. Your FAT partition will now be umount’ed before being made available to your PC. The linux partition also be available but will remain mounted in your device. This should be safe as long as you don’t try to write to the ext3 partition, you probably only need to write to the FAT partition anyway.

----------

But unfortunately i doesn't help... So what should I do? Help SOS and so on
Use this fix:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=17689

I tested successfully for my MMC boot which I done a long time back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I'm not sure if your question is rhetorical.

Originally Posted by cybic View Post
Sure, but it's a bit annoing always to reboot just for copy some files onto the intern MMC, isn't it?
Such is the life of a dual-booter. As an alternative, you could copy to one of the directories that do show with the USB connection and then move the files in a File Manager.

EDIT: I posted this before seeing qwerty12's much more useful response. (I haven't tried the fix myself as I don't find it a problem writing only to my external MMC when connected to my PC; though I can see how someone else may not like it.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2008-04-09 at 17:04.

this might be an ultra noob questions, but what is the benefit of dual booting. do I need to dual boot.

i pretty much just want to install some software... i want to use my n800 (just received it finally yesturday)

I would like Maps (without gps)
Instant messanger
media (movies & songs)
surf the net

thats about it...

should or do i need to dual boot...

You certainly don't need to. It allows you to put more apps on your NIT. It allows you to do a better (a real) backup or to clone a system and apps to go in another NIT. It allows you to have alternative system-and-app configurations. Some users like to install KDE (which apparently takes a lot more room than I allocated in the guide). It might make your N800 trivially faster. It's pretty esoteric, really, and there is no need to do it at all.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2008-04-14 at 20:40.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Use this fix:

I tested successfully for my MMC boot which I done a long time back.
superb! just works! thank you very much

i think, it should be added to the whole tutorial!

from cybic:
I have some trouble getting my internal card being accessible in windows...

Yes, every time I'm trying to connect, it just tells me "Unable to connect via USB. memory card in use: Internal memory card..."
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Use this fix:

Help Save This Forum

I just wanted to say It Works! And it works great. Incase anyone is reading this and they have an N810, this process will install the Clone OS in the internal 2G flash drive. This is exactly what I was looking for. This increased the amount of space available for programs and it still allows me to change mini SD cards without affecting anything. The removable storage is great for adding/changing pictures, music, videos, etc...

Thanks again GK

Why would there be a problem if you cloned the image to MMC? Shouldn't it also clone all the repos and such? (probably going to buy a 16 GB SDHC soon and do this since 128 MB of memory is really hampering me).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

My 770 will not boot into the flash. Gives a loop and WSOD. I did not set enough space in MMC to install all and how now to get back into Flash?!?

Great tutorial though. I wish I had found it earlier before I borked mine!

Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
My 770 will not boot into the flash. Gives a loop and WSOD. I did not set enough space in MMC to install all and how now to get back into Flash?!?

Great tutorial though. I wish I had found it earlier before I borked mine!
Well, you should always be able to get back to your flash boot. (That's why it's called dual-booting! ) After you've pressed the power button, as soon as you see anything happening on the screen, press and hold the menu key until it shows you the boot menu.

Help Save This Forum

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: