Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
I took the liberty of creating a Wiki Page for Ubiboot. So far so good. I have tried the steps multiple times (for testing) to ensure that the steps I have written work fine. I also had the Wiki page reviewed by juiceme himself.

wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot
Great really whats needed

EDIT: finally got nemo too boot but have to tweek ubibot.conf to read nemo from partion3 because my phone don't have 4 parttions.

Thanks alot for the wiki guide pointed me to right direction. This guide should be linked on merproject.org wiki too.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-30 at 14:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Now I tried the ubiboot option and the ubiboot kernel installs fine but now I am stuck showing green screen saying Boot menu script not found if USB cable not connected. When USB connected: Try 1(0) partition exported succefully and as it says, my linuxbox can mount /dev/sda1, sda2 and sda3.
When this happens, it means that most propably your ubiboot kernel was unable to locate the cpio to extract the rest of the rootFS from.
Check that G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE in your ubiboot.conf points to the correct file. (and it needs to be in the same directory as ubiboot.conf)

Also, in any problems after you boot to Harmattan, check your "/var/log/ubiboot.dmesg" and "/var/log/ubiboot.log".
A lot of problem conditions can be solved by looking at logfiles

BUT I have no clue where too install the nemo kernel image? sda2 seems to hold the Harmattan root partion (but there is no files in /boot??. But ubiboot guide says nothing about this?

So now I stuck with green screen until find better guide...
The Nemo kernel image comes with the Nemo rootFS archive, which is normally extracted to mmcblk0p4. When in ubiboot domain that is mounted under /mnt/p4/ and ubiboot menus will access the kernel automatically with the default setup.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Great really whats needed

EDIT: finally got nemo too boot but have to tweek ubibot.conf to read nemo from partion3 because my phone don't have 4 parttions.

Thanks alot for the wiki guide pointed me to right direction. This guide should be linked on merproject.org wiki too.
Yes, ubiboot is fairly well configurable, you can set up the partitions in many ways.

Actually one of the remaining limitations is that it's assumed that partition 1 is FAT and rest of partitions are ext4, as that is the most usual case. In the next release I will try to make it autodetect the FS types, so this limitation will go away.
(it's not feasible to set this as configuration item as partition types need to be known before loading ubibioot.conf from a partition, of course...)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
I am running nemo on nokia n900, downloaded nemo image today. But it has swipe feature that i am not familiar with . The only thing that i know is swipe from right to left for minimising.And ofcourse i wasn't able to use the nemo kernel. I am using U-boot but dont know how to boot different kernels. U have to add uimage to a folder then blah blah blah. Its quantum ****.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
I am running nemo on nokia n900, downloaded nemo image today. But it has swipe feature that i am not familiar with . The only thing that i know is swipe from right to left for minimising.And ofcourse i wasn't able to use the nemo kernel. I am using U-boot but dont know how to boot different kernels. U have to add uimage to a folder then blah blah blah. Its quantum ****.
The only advice I can (quickly-easily) give is link to wiki.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Hello friends!

I have a strange problem. I have got Sandisk CL10 16GB card. I was using its ful capacity, untill i wrote the nemo image. But Nemo failed to boot.

Afterwards, when I tried to copy some of my files in it, it says its of 4GB capacity!!! I do not know what happened to the rest of the volume... I formated it using Windows XP, but still it shows 4GB.

Pl help me to get back the full volume.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to bharathkumarst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Lol you got one of the fake ones

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Lol you got one of the fake ones
Issue solved after formatting it with SD formatter. Recommendation from SandDisk. Here is the link for the benefit of the community:
http://download.cnet.com/SD-Formatte...-75883295.html

Last edited by bharathkumarst; 2013-07-13 at 05:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bharathkumarst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
omg it really worked?? Thanx for the post

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Hey everyone, how can i recalibrate my screen in Nemo ??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phapsubongtoi For This Useful Post: