Notices

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
is it possible to send a video to email(as a photo is sent) one or two min (user defined)in the next version?

i mean it would be easy to use for a noob.
This would a pretty alternative, let's see

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
REVOCATION: The 0.9.19 version replies with wrong attachment if
COM_CAMERA is asked to take live video. Don't use it. It isn't the viewr application yet. Wait for version 0.9.20 !!

FORGET ABOVE. IT'S NOT TRUE, FORTUNATELY. Sorry for confusion .

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-05-23 at 10:12. Reason: The original message was wrong. Sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
REVOCATION: The 0.9.19 version replies with wrong attachment if
COM_CAMERA is asked to take live video. Don't use it. It isn't the viewr application yet. Wait for version 0.9.20 !!
Above is not true, fortunately. I'm very sorry for the confusion. The released version 0.9.19 attaches the correct viewer application file. It was a mistake in my development environment only ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
QUESTION

Recent SMSCON devel version proposed better front cam image quality. Is there anybody who has tested new quality of front camera images already? Are you satisfied?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
I'll test it ASAP and post result here. Meanwhile, little bug I've discovered, when I forget to add IMSI of SIM card before inserting it into my N900:

Despite having "unlock on new sim" selected, my device still asked for lock code on every reboot, with unauthorized sim card inserted.

Also, I got messaged about "phone now unlocked", despite fact that I haven't set anything like that in SMSCON-Editor (message on keyboard slide-out disabled, etc).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
QUESTION

Recent SMSCON devel version proposed better front cam image quality. Is there anybody who has tested new quality of front camera images already? Are you satisfied?
Seems that the image is a litle lighter but i had tested only indoor. I just could see my face and I remember many images before that i didn't see nothing but a black screen. Anyway, i' sure that the problem is actually a hardware limitation. The N900's front cam just sucks !
Thanks yablacky !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
... problem is actually a hardware limitation...
While I worked on improving the image quality I played around with several camera parameters (gain, exposure time, contrast, gamma, ...). My impression is that these parameters have so strong impact on image quality that hardware limitations (resolution, sensitivity, ...) play a minor role. Fortunately. We can't change hardware but can play with software parameters

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
While I worked on improving the image quality I played around with several camera parameters (gain, exposure time, contrast, gamma, ...). My impression is that these parameters have so strong impact on image quality that hardware limitations (resolution, sensitivity, ...) play a minor role. Fortunately. We can't change hardware but can play with software parameters
thats true.but in previus version of smscon if you get black image we can play with contrast, gamma etc with that black image.i have tasted that black images taken with smscon using adobe photoshop.you can normally see face clearly if you increase contrast and brightness of that black image.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
For the longest time I tried couple of tests with SMSCON-editor.
The front camera photo seems to be more readable (lighter) now, thanks.

The GPS-coordinates test was able to lock only to the center of the country I am in. I'd prefer, if it would not send anything if the accuracy is not under some sensible limit (like 10 km). Now it says in the report:
Accuracy: 600000.0 mtr
Duration: 239.9 sec
Not very useful in case of the lost or stolen device. I'd rather had it in the settings waiting as long as it takes to get a GPS lock and then send only.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
thats true.but in previus version of smscon if you get black image we can play with contrast, gamma etc with that black image.i have tasted that black images taken with smscon using adobe photoshop.you can normally see face clearly if you increase contrast and brightness of that black image.
That's interesting. I never tried to load the earlier almost black images into a retouch program to find out if they contain more useful information or to make 'em better... should do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: