Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
NSS is not able to read the code, but there is a solution:

--erase-user-data=secure also clears the security code when you add that parameter to full flash command. Flashing with that argument will take around 10 minutes.

PS. this question about resetting security code with --erase-user-data=secure was already answered in previous threads in this forum, so please use search before re-posting the same questions again.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-02-29 at 09:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thank you,
Can you provide the thread, and possibly on a personal email send me instructions. I can provide all information on my purchase and original purchaser. Nokia has pretty much told me to give up.

JP

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post

--erase-user-data=secure also clears the security code when you add that parameter to full flash command. Flashing with that argument will take around 10 minutes.

PS. this question about resetting security code with --erase-user-data=secure was already answered in previous threads in this forum, so please use search before re-posting the same questions again.

The Following User Says Thank You to InvalidJP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by InvalidJP View Post
Thank you,
Can you provide the thread, and possibly on a personal email send me instructions. I can provide all information on my purchase and original purchaser. Nokia has pretty much told me to give up.

JP
If you provide me your email address, I can help you. Or you can contact me on freenode irc, nick: jonni

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Reach me at my email address :

rspjose@yahoo.com

I haven't tried it yet but I am assuming you just add the command you suggested to the command to run the flasher correct??

Thanks again.

JP

If you provide me your email address, I can help you. Or you can contact me on freenode irc, nick: jonni

The Following User Says Thank You to InvalidJP For This Useful Post:
I wiped my unit with success.

Creating a trackandprotect account on the telephone doesn't require you to enter the security code.

Create account, log in to the webinterface using computer browser and select wipe.

Now the Nokia is wiped and no protection code required.

The Following User Says Thank You to drbech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friends,

New/proud owner of a Nokia N9 here from the Philippines.

I was flashing my N9 a couple of times yesterday while I was making a YouTube video tutorial for N9 Flashing (here). In one of my flashing attempts, my Security Code was wiped out. I can't remember what I exactly did though, because I was trying the different methods. But for sure I was concentrating only on two methods:

1. Regular (flash the RootFS only)
2. Comprehensive (flash both RootFS and eMMC)

I do remember that for #2, I tried 2 variations of the command. One variation was the one written exactly in the wiki, and the other variation is where you combine the 2 commands in one go.

Just sharing my experience in case this might help.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Greece
If you flash the rom and the hard disk you will reset tha password.
I did it yestarday with success. I used phoenix and i flashed my N9 64GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeChios For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Costa Rica
I think it have to be like this to reset all paswords:

flasher --erase-user-data=secure -f -F rootFS.bin -F EMMC.bin -R and voila it'll erase all and then NEW phone xd!!!!

Last edited by Thorvic777; 2012-08-07 at 07:51. Reason: explaining

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thorvic777 For This Useful Post:
Rainisto, if you could please assist me as well, it would be appreciated. My Nokia N9 fell off a chair today, and now the stupid Security Code crap has come up with no remedy.

When you say:

I assume that step one will be to download a program which can flash. If you could please direct me to the download link, and then provide additional follow up guidance, it would be much appreciated and I would be in your debt.

Thanks,

allegation@gmail.com

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Golden-Boy View Post
My Nokia N9 fell off a chair today, and now the stupid Security Code crap has come up with no remedy.
Now this is something unheared of???
You mean you had no security code on before, and you bashed your phone to floor and somehow it got activated??

I am afraid if that happened so it must be something else, possibly uncorrectable by SW fix or device flashing... It might be that you damaged something inside the phone so that some pins on chips are either shorted or disconnected, thus the device thinks it's security locked.

With this, the only fix is to deliver to Nokia Care, where they will propably notice they cannot do anything about it. --> it's broken beyond any repair

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: