Active Topics

Nokia Lumia has some hardware features I like but I also like Meego and Maemo. Did any try and put these two together?

The Following User Says Thank You to agron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
-
-
Lumia only 512mb ram (multitasking) .. already be an obstacle... or not ???

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogatti For This Useful Post:
He means the extra button for the camera

Yes there is a Lumia style device with a maemo/meego OS installed already from Nokia, so no need to try and install meego on to the Lumias.

Do a quick search for the Nokia n9.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
All Windows phones have a locked bootloader.

Of course, there may be some with an Engineering bootloader, in which case, have fun with images.

What is the point, other then a a camera button? Which N9 Button Monitor provides.

It is a pointless endeavour as the Lumia technically isn't better or superior to the N9. Just because it has a 1.4 Ghz CPU compared to the N9's 1Ghz CPU, which in actual fact perform the same. Also the Lumia has less RAM which defeats the purpose as Harmattan was designed at being a heavy multi tasker.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I think a better point is the N9s are in limited production, while the Lumias are being pushed hard by Nokia and certainly produced in large amounts.

Not to mention the fact that carriers are practically giving them away (Nokia promotions, etc)

"Converting" these Lumias running a useless OS to one running a decent one would provide a cheaper option for people to get a "N9", or make MeeGo-Harmattan more available to the general public should they want to use it without buying a N9 (or perhaps they can't), much like the NITDroid project.

IIRC, some early Lumia 800s have development bootloaders. I might go around and look for these things.

EDIT: It seems that the Lumia 710 is easier to hack, while having the same guts as the 800.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-05-19 at 02:35.

camera button is important !!!

but , 1G RAM is more IMPORTANT

multitasking well : )))

The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenzone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
He means the extra button for the camera

Yes there is a Lumia style device with a maemo/meego OS installed already from Nokia, so no need to try and install meego on to the Lumias.

Do a quick search for the Nokia n9.
This device sounds amazing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
i am nokia care amploy... We are flashing lumia with nokia care suite 5.O if any budy want help to flashing help i am redy for that

The Following User Says Thank You to naru For This Useful Post:
how to flash with nokia care suite ? Ans : open nokia care suite after switch of device then select product code in nokia care suite click on update software or refurbris after pluck the data cabel and press volume plus key phone goes on flashing mode now flashing is starting.. Thes are the step of lumia flashing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naru For This Useful Post: