Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
Hi,

Can u tell me where is that config files which needed to be removed.I have a problem where my cutetube QML crashes every time i try to download.Just want to try if it fixes the prblm.
The file that You're looking for is in /home/user/.config/cuteTube-QML

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
i'm unable to sign in to facebook account in cuteTube QML.. any idea??
Attached Images

version 1.3.3 is fu***ng awesome.

good work

The Following User Says Thank You to kownas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
can anyone guide me to how to use proxy in CuteTube ? as youtube is blocked in my country.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
One really annoying problem is that, when I watched a few videos(the number varies), one video suddenly is not showed right because the sound is working, but the picture flickers.

Another, but less annoying, problem is one I want to explain with an example: When I open the menue(on the top of the screen) right at the beginning of the app(where you can see "Search", "My Channel" and so on) and choose "Settings", the menue is still open and does not close.

I hope I explained it well enough. When not, you're free to ask of course But anyway it's one of the best and useful apps!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
same problem here with cuteqml.searches just fine then when I try to play a video it stays on the loading icon for a few seconds and then diverts back to the related videos.This is with the cutetube player.Same with the media player.However with the mplayer it plays but it`s really slow (about 1fps).
Are you attempting to play the higher quality video streams (480p/720p)? These will not play using stock Maemo5.

Originally Posted by safoo View Post
i'm unable to sign in to facebook account in cuteTube QML.. any idea??
Much of the code in the QML version of cuteTube is quite old. There will have been some changes in some of the APIs since the code was written, causing some features to break. The next update will have the same backend code as the QtGui version, so any problems specific to the QML version will be fixed.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
can anyone guide me to how to use proxy in CuteTube ? as youtube is blocked in my country.
The QML version does not (yet) have a proxy feature. The QtGui version has it (package name is cutetube), and the QML version will also have it for the next update as the backend code has been merged.

Originally Posted by IceKeeper View Post
One really annoying problem is that, when I watched a few videos(the number varies), one video suddenly is not showed right because the sound is working, but the picture flickers.

Another, but less annoying, problem is one I want to explain with an example: When I open the menue(on the top of the screen) right at the beginning of the app(where you can see "Search", "My Channel" and so on) and choose "Settings", the menue is still open and does not close.

I hope I explained it well enough. When not, you're free to ask of course But anyway it's one of the best and useful apps!
The video problem is due to some bug in QtMultimediaKit. The menu problem does not occur for me, but the next update has all new QML anyway, so it will be fixed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
This app is great, everything works perfectly, except for one (minor) thing - channel search on Youtube doesn't work (can't remember if it ever worked). It shows just a blank list with blank avatars and zero videos count.

I am not sure if someone else has pointed this out before. I tried searching the thread, but found nothing.

Dunno why, my CuteTube-QML and the widget have died.

Updated to 1.3.3, things worked fine for a short time then kapput, the widget disappeared and I just get a black screen when starting the app.

I did uninstall SomePlayer prior to updating CuteTube, but meh.

When I try to put the widget back on-screen all I get is the small settings icon at bottom left and the close X at top right where the widget should be.
Any ideas how to sort things out welcome.

I first installed the version that is available in the maemo repository, because I wanted to install all the dependencies like ffmpeg. Then I downloaded and installed the .deb, but this caused my desktop widgets to disappear (on my main/current desktop only). I am talking about the widgets that are not cutetube. The cutetube widget, which was on another desktop, disappeared as well. I then restored all the widgets one by one. Could dpkg -i have caused this? Could it be something cutetube-specific?

in version 1.7.2 i heard double voice

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube