I played around with trafficDetailsPage... and did manage to get traffic details shown up. But it is very rough:

There are too many missing pieces so I doubt this will be useful:
1. Only "Starts at" and "Caused by" information are available.
2. No way to select the traffic event by clicking the icon as in Symbian version.
3. The trafficEventHeader is incomplete(The upper three buttons in the screenshot.) Need to add missing definitions in sytle.js and for the middle element I have zero idea on what Nokia wanted to do with it.

I can share the diffs so people interested in this might give it a go, but I need to clean up my Drive codes as it's a mess now.....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
wget needs to be installed either by doing as root, apt-get install wget

OR:

open settings -> security -> developer mode -> install utilities...
Yes, it worked!
Thanks a million.

Patch for traffic detail page is now available for beta testing.

The traffic detail page can be opened from the menu of either in normal map view or guidance map view. Only 'starting at' and 'cause' information are available, but I leave the 'length' and 'ave speed' fields in just in case they might show up for some.

The selection of traffic event is done by clicking the arrows on the header, right arrow increment the index and left decrement. (It would be great to be able to select traffic event as in Symbian version, but the underlying Map object doesn't seem to expose the traffic event selection...)

I don't know if this is worthy of putting into the unstable patch since the feature is less polished. Let us know what you think!

Last edited by sony123; 2012-08-08 at 06:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Patch for traffic detail page is now available for beta testing.

The traffic detail page can be opened from the menu of either in normal map view or guidance map view. Only 'starting at' and 'cause' information are available, but I leave the 'length' and 'ave speed' fields in just in case they might show up for some.

The selection of traffic event is done by clicking the arrows on the header, right arrow increment the index and left decrement. (It would be great to be able to select traffic event as in Symbian version, but the underlying Map object doesn't seem to expose the traffic event selection...)

I don't know if this is worthy of putting into the unstable patch since the feature is less polished. Let us know what you think!
Hi sony123,

Since it doesn't seem to hurt the functionalities, I add it to my full patch ...

A++

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Using colin.stephane's patch before he added the traffic details, the one that included the traffic on MAPS I am not able to download any maps. It always keeps telling me to connect to WiFi to download maps, but I have been on WiFi for more than 10 hours, already restarted the phone but still the same. I have no problem using the WiFi for other services though.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Using colin.stephane's patch before he added the traffic details, the one that included the traffic on MAPS I am not able to download any maps. It always keeps telling me to connect to WiFi to download maps, but I have been on WiFi for more than 10 hours, already restarted the phone but still the same. I have no problem using the WiFi for other services though.
I am outside my home until Friday night, without a wifi access available (I'm currently use 3G access to answer).

By the way, can someone else try to download maps and report if the problem occur, that would be cool ...

A++

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
I am outside my home until Friday night, without a wifi access available (I'm currently use 3G access to answer).

By the way, can someone else try to download maps and report if the problem occur, that would be cool ...

A++
Works for me - just downloaded Scotland and even shows traffic in the new map.
The newest version of Nokia Suite should be able to install maps - not done this myself but I did make use of the ability to delete individual maps..

Here is the screen shot.
Name:  Screen_08-Aug-12_19-54-40.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  19.6 KB

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Here is the screen shot.
Attachment 27818
Possibly a stupid question but in the maps settings do you have it set as 'online'? I get that message if it's offline - if 'online' isn't selected it won't use any network connection even if you're connected.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Possibly a stupid question but in the maps settings do you have it set as 'online'? I get that message if it's offline - if 'online' isn't selected it won't use any network connection even if you're connected.
Thats what it was, on his patch he calls for installing maps which makes it go back to default where online is toggled off so I never thought about it until you pointed it.
Thanks.