Poll: Will you buy the Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Nokia N900?

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Demo looked cool, but still won't be getting one anytime soon.

Still think the screen will be too small, don't need a phone. Zooming by swirling my finger? Looked hard to get the right spot. I'd much rather have hard buttons. Too expensive. Too many "cool, look at this" features that wouldn't get used often if ever, probably would end up being annoying.
Sweet!! This will make the price drop quickly for me. N97 is already down 10 percent on nokia.com. And I really want this mobile computer.

I voted other. I would LOVE to buy this phone to replace my n810, but can't justify doing it without 3G on AT&T frequencies (T-Mobile is not available in my area).

UPDATE: After my HTC G1 took a dive off my night stand, my circumstances changed. I now own an N900 and am very happy with it! (Though I'd still like to trade up for a NAM version, :-)

Last edited by tuxfoo; 2009-12-14 at 04:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxfoo For This Useful Post:
I'll take 2!

I can only afford one but I'll get one straight away. The other device that interest me is the HTC Leo which offers 1Ghz Snapdragon, massive 4.3" screen and the dimension is much smaller than any n8x0 tablets and only 11mm thin.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I'm really looking forward to buying an N900, but I voted Other. Why? This is so close to my dream device, that I'm hoping to skip the N900 in favor of a follow-on device that will include all of the N900 plus maybe:

4 - 5" QFHD (960x540) display
~65 key keyboard
Compass
6 d.f. accelerometers (x/y/z/roll/pitch/yaw)
native support of .dvr-ms and .wtv files
ATSC (TV) reciever
AM radio reciever

Last edited by RWFarley; 2009-08-29 at 03:50. Reason: fixing omission

And a pony. Don't forget the pony!

:-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chill633 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by chill633 View Post
And a pony. Don't forget the pony!

:-)
Don't you see, it's hiding inside the kitchen sink

I purchased the N770 when it came out because I was excited about the potential. I was mostly happy with the 770 and it served me well. Nokia's BT keyboard helped. My disappointments were tempered by knowing it was a new product and had some growing pains. I also kept an eye on Nokia's roadmap.

I passed by the N800 and N810 because while they were interesting incremental improvements, they didn't really excite me. What excited me was Nokia seemed serious about working down the evolutionary ladder with the whole tablet concept and also looked committed to Linux and reasonable open access to the device.

The N900 excites me. The specs, pix and Nokia video are jaw dropping. It is an instant "I WANT!", which hasn't happened to me in may years (related to electronics, that is).

I'll be making a pilgrimage downtown to the Nokia Flagship Store (Chicago, IL -- where I live) in October in hopes it is available there.

Will you believe that my N810 stopped charging last night? Now I have to remove the battery and use the external charger that I got from eBay, and that's a bloody LED disco light.

Nokia triggered the internal self destruct, eh? Well... It speeds up my buying this phone.

My own strategy: wait until it's in-stock at etailers, check if a new device is rumoured yet, wait to see if new device is better or a budget version. If a budget version, get n900.

The MSRP doesn't seem that high to me. If anything, it's quite competitive by being 150€ less than that of iphone 3gs 32g and Samsung OmniaHD..

And MSRP is the only thing we should compare with, as there's no street price for unlocked N900s yet, and no prices on subsidized contracts, which are impossible to compare sanely anyway..

Tags
interest, n900, poll