Hey guys -- the corporate IT folks cut my ability to sync my N9 with their Exchange server. I've been digging around everywhere (/etc, /home, google, these forums, etc...) and cannot find how to change the Activesync Device Typestring on my N9. Does anyone know where it's stored or how to change it? I'd like to make it look to the exchange server as if my handset is Android / iOS so I can sync back up and get my emails / calendars, etc...

Thanks!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I have a weird problem... I have a gmail account, and I have some mails that are visibile in normal view, but when switching to threaded view they disappear (but still are counted in the unread count if they are still unread... that's how i noticed this, i had some unread mail I couldn't find, so I went to gmail website and could see those mails).

For example, I have a mail thread with some mails disappearing in threaded view on n9, but the thread itself is still visible, just missing some of the last mail. I still couldn't figure out a pattern in this, for now it seems random... does anybody got this bug too? Is there a soluion/workaround?
Confirmed - I notice same behavior here. Wanted to file a bug, but as bugzilla is closed I can't. Anybody with account in nokia devs forum can do this?

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Confirmed - I notice same behavior here. Wanted to file a bug, but as bugzilla is closed I can't. Anybody with account in nokia devs forum can do this?
Yes please, this is very annoying!
I fear that if this is not fixed for PR 1.3, it won't be fixed at all

Thanks zlatko for confirming this

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
ohh, I see... I think you got an "Access Denied" issue with Yahoo server. Can you check the messageserver logs? What error do you have?
Hi ! Thansk for the response. I had gotten fed up with it and disabled the account (did not delete) for a few days.. after turning it back on yesterday it was working normally, so I don't know what's up.. if it happens again, I will do as you suggest and enable logging to give you more information.

thx !

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
I have a weird problem... I have a gmail account, and I have some mails that are visibile in normal view, but when switching to threaded view they disappear (but still are counted in the unread count if they are still unread... that's how i noticed this, i had some unread mail I couldn't find, so I went to gmail website and could see those mails).

For example, I have a mail thread with some mails disappearing in threaded view on n9, but the thread itself is still visible, just missing some of the last mail. I still couldn't figure out a pattern in this, for now it seems random... does anybody got this bug too? Is there a soluion/workaround?
Yeah, I saw that issue few times too. For somereason somebody/something stores ThreadId for message(s) as 0, so that's why they are "disappear" from the Thread View. There is/was a bug about it in internal bugzilla. IIRC it is fixed (at least in PR1.3) and even probably by me

Originally Posted by ziller View Post
There was no messageserver.log, and it wasn't running either - so I assumed it doesn't get started at boot at all. Syslog didn't show anything meaningful either and starting /usr/bin/messageserver by hand didn't really help much either. This was all that Google found. It did point me to the /home/user/.qmf folder though (which was grown to 340M!).
Nice to hear that you fixed your problem. To bad there is no logs from emssageserver to find out what was wrong (as far as I know we don't have any bug similar with yours issue).
P.S. 340Mb is not so biig value for more that 3000 messages (probably with attachments).

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Yes please, this is very annoying!
I fear that if this is not fixed for PR 1.3, it won't be fixed at all

Thanks zlatko for confirming this
And just to make sure that I'm right, can you check QMF's database ( /home/user/.qmf/database/qmf.db ). Did "missed" messages got parentThreadId 0?

Originally Posted by original_z View Post
Hi ! Thansk for the response. I had gotten fed up with it and disabled the account (did not delete) for a few days.. after turning it back on yesterday it was working normally, so I don't know what's up.. if it happens again, I will do as you suggest and enable logging to give you more information.

thx !
IIRC Yahoo! server doesn't like when somebody trying to check the email too often and that's why it returns a error on LOGIN operation (and because of that error we are showing the "password" pop-up dialog).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am really frustrated. I powered down my phone, and when I turned it back on, and pressed the email icon, it asks to set up my mail!!!!!!! I can not see my old mail accounts. What is going on here????

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am really frustrated. I powered down my phone, and when I turned it back on, and pressed the email icon, it asks to set up my mail!!!!!!! I can not see my old mail accounts. What is going on here????
emm, I've got few guesses.

1) Accounts DB is corrupted, so that's why Email application thinks that there is no configured accounts.

2) Email application can't get an access to the accounts, because DB is blocked by some process.

3) something else...

Can you take a look at the fenix logs and check errors that should be there?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I dont have time to do it. I cleared the device, and set up my email again. Working OK now, but afraid that it will recur.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Sorry for a small misinformation, I got only one skype account enabled at the same time In theory, I think it is possible to write an application that can enable your second account, but I have no idea how it will work or will it work at all.
it works in Ubuntu, maybe it can work in our phone too!

Not long after sending a email from my hotmail account using my phone my hotmail account was compromised. What are the chances that this was caused by me sending that email from my phone (so far all scans are coming up clean on my computer and I do not got to dodgy websites etc)?

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950