Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Well I updated on Friday and I've had constant crashing all the time. Just now it rebooted while browsing the web and went into a reboot/crash-loop and rebooted at least 4 times before I thought it was stable. Then it rebooted again. I have paper with the battery...

I'm out of ideas.

same here. I get the "rebooted while browsing the web" issue once in a while (rare but it happens). I don't have the paper insert to hold the battery down. however, I notice that when this kind of reboot happens, the phone will misbehave once it is up and running again (reboots quite frequently). the only way to cure this is to remove the battery, count to 10 then reinsert and boot up the phone again.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
did you have these reboot loops before U10? I will go totally bananas if that happen to me. maybe you have installed some sttange software? tried to restore os?

no update yet. just tried. jolla, wake up its monday!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

So far there is no info for the rebooting problem being anything else but a HW issue, so it's strange if updating software affects it. Cleaning battery contacts and adding paper are the cure.

Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
So far there is no info for the rebooting problem being anything else but a HW issue, so it's strange if updating software affects it. Cleaning battery contacts and adding paper are the cure.
True. Or jolla customer care.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
ok. then I am one of the lucky sailers. I have 0 reboots.. lets hope that continues after U10.

send in the device to jolla care.

no update available just checked. Jolla slakers...hit release button asap!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Oho, I am already on Vaarainjärvi since last week and just a minute ago got an update notification for it. I guess that'll be the fix for alphanumerics in the lock code...?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Oho, I am already on Vaarainjärvi since last week and just a minute ago got an update notification for it. I guess that'll be the fix for alphanumerics in the lock code...?
WTF

atleast its good news. someone finally got in to office.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Updated my device, now I am on newest Vaarainjärvi release (1.1.1.27)

Just to be sure did the update on console;

[root@Jolla nemo]#
[root@Jolla nemo]# ssu re 1.1.1.27
Changing release from 1.1.1.26 to 1.1.1.27
Your device is now in release mode!
[root@Jolla nemo]#
[root@Jolla nemo]#
[root@Jolla nemo]# zypper ref
[root@Jolla nemo]# zypper up
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

The following packages are going to be upgraded:
jolla-settings-system sailfish-version

2 packages to upgrade.
Overall download size: 117.6 KiB. After the operation, additional 294.0 B will be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Still no update, but if others are getting it now, I'll hold out hope that it'll reach me soon.