I upgraded the OS on my N800 back when it was releaesd, and since then the battery life has been terrible.

Previously I'd use lock keys and screen, and could easily go a week or more without charge if I didn't use it, perhaps 5 days with very light use.

Now I do the same with Diablo installed, and I'll be lucky if it lasts 24 hours. First time round I put this down to a mistake on my part, leaving Wifi on or something.... but this is now occuring every day.

So now I have the option of either charing every day, or actually turning it on and off (as opposed to just lock keys and screen).

Has anyone had a similar problem with Diablo, and does anyone know if a fix is being planned, or is this something unique to my n800?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
same here, but with n810...
it could be a bad modest, too, therfore i´ve reflashed and do not use modest anymore... lets see in the next days whats up...

i am actually having this problem as well, but I thought my battery was just going bad

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
have you all modest (the built-in email client) in use??

weird...
I had the same problems you describe ... with chinook ... with diablo it is so much better I almost forgot about meta-crawler and so on... search ! there are lot's of threads with tips for improving battery life...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Mhm... I wonder if the problem I wrote about here has the same cause. I used to think it's because the battery's old... but maybe it's Diablo?

Have your tablets reverted to being able to make automatic connections after the flash?

This is a killer, especially if you don't realise that your tablet is sitting on the 'net all night long.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i go to offline mode - it's my way of 'switching off' the tablet.

i go to offline mode too but i get less than 24 hours with light use.. is this normal? my n800 came with the latest OS already installed..

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
my n800 came with the latest OS already installed..
That's no possible. Last OS (Diablo) is less than a month old and new N800s are not available since before that.