Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
For what ever reason, ever since i reflashed my Nokia N9, it just wont play ball on it's own, with any WiFi. I have the manual / auto switch set to auto for, for example, my home network, and, if i set the switch, when not in the area of said network, the setting sticks. I can reboot the phone, and it's still there.

As soon as i try to make use of the network, the setting "unsticks", and the network goes back to being manually used. I can connect just fine by opening the list over available networks, and tell it to connect, so the details seam to be right.

Tested with: a number of different networks.
Tried fix: reflashing again. Same same. Did use the same files for reflashing.
As far as i know the flashing is done with a image for a different region, but otherways "the correct" image. The one for my region seams... unavailable.

Ideas for a fix? Not that it is critical by any means, but it seams... weird.
B!

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Cool. Will try it out... Next weekend, i believe.

Thanks.

Ok, so, turns out that i lied. I found myself with a spare hour, so i went ahead and did this. I went with the "Warning, will delete all configured connections" solution, here:

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I had that problem awhile ago. For me, the only fix was to reset all of my connections. Haven't had any problems since.
Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy 
gconftool --recursive-unsetdeletes /system/proxy 
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
WARNING. This deletes ALL known connections.
Since nothing ever is easy, the second line threw an error, stating that "--recursive-unsetdeletes" was invalid. Somewhat discouraging, but none the lest, i carry on. After completing the snippet, i restart the phone. Doesn't say i should, doesn't say not to. So i went for it.
List containing known networks was... empty. So far, so good.
Added my local network again. Set it to connect automatically.
Restarted the phone.
Checked the list. Back to manual. Damn.

Were there perhaps a mistype in the quoted code above? I went and scratched my head. There is a bit in the second line, that doesn't really make sense. I omit it, and try again. At this point i feel like it's either going to work, and i feel like a genius, or it's going to make my phone transform into a unicorn, and try to escape my grasp.
Ok, so the command doesn't return an error, and the phone isn't trying to escape. Great. Did it work?

Well. In short. No. Went through the restart, add network, set it to auto-connect, restart, and had high hopes. The phone flashed the WiFi symbol, indicating that it did... something. And then it went away again. Opening the known network list, and yes, the network is back to manual.

Damn.

I'll try the second method, but unless i get a spare hour somewhere, it wont be until the next weekend.

Oh, and... The modified snippet of commands used, looks like this.
Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy 
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy 
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
I THINK this is the correct one, that "should" have worked. Not that it did. Anyway, for now, it's just as it was.

Hmm perhaps your issue is same like this thread

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96282

Haven't tried this yet. I will. Thank you for the tip.
Will report back if this solves it.
B!

Did you manage to solve it in the end?

I'm experiencing the same problem.