Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
Lately i've been seeing more and more people saying the first nokia device will be a meego-harmattan hybrid as oppsed to meego 1.1, can anyone explain to me the true difference of these devices, and will we be able to run all meego apps on a meego-harmattan device?
What you know as MeeGo from screenshots and videos is the reference implementation. Manufacturers can use this, make it prettier with their own themes, or completely build another UX on top (like WeTab and most likely also Nokia do).
The N900 successor will run Harmattan which is actually Maemo6, but renamed to MeeGo.
All these platforms and the N900 have in common that they are equipped with the Qt framework. So developers only have to target Qt to be (source-code) compatible with all of these devices / OS. The application will still have to be compiled for each platform (maybe the N900 will be able to run Harmattan apps directly, we'll see).

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
i dont know about you guys but these videos are making me miss maemo, even though i still have it on my phone.... i dont know if this is what meego is gonna look like but it kinda reminds me of android in certain aspects and i really dont like that.

give me maemo anyday over any other OS around.
maemo sucks ***. I can't wait till meego gets out so I can get rid of this crap.

Originally Posted by oskarmat View Post
maemo sucks ***. I can't wait till meego gets out so I can get rid of this crap.
I fail to see why you bought the phone.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I bet he didn't. He's just one of the trolls who come here "for the lulz".

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
The advertising made it seem like it was a solid os. They lied.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I really didn't see much advertising. Advertising is irrelevant anyway. I wouldn't buy the phone based on what Nokia say, I base it on a few hours of research.

any body got meego on there n900 yet been trying to get it but cant
seen video on youtube but its in cantonesse been trying to do it for days lol i got nitdroid working ok but the comands thay give you for meego i just cant do on n900

It is a solid OS. If it wasn't, I'd expect the thing to be rebooting randomly all the time and unable to so much as make a phonecall.

If you want to see a mobile OS that isn't solid, go look at OpenMoko.

I hate seeing stuff that doesn't meet UI guidelines... painful. Show me the photoshop of what it's going to look like and tell me when its going to be released. I don't really need to see the in-between stages.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Maemo 5 is also advertised as a solid OS but after 2months of released into the wilderness, it isn't that solid after all.

So will MeeGo be solidified by the time it release? Well we'll have to wait to see

Who will be the first adopter here? Not me, how many dude you know roll like this? Not many..If any..I don't know any body (SCRIBE) lol