Notices

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
hcm, shiny, that did the trick. Thanks a lot!
Data counter reset set up, happy

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i wish someone would make an app like this that can swap between "tweakr" profiles at given times

Originally Posted by hcm View Post
I think the package should depend on python-alarm, it was not installed automatically in my case…
Oops, thanks for pointing this out! Fixed in new build 0.1.4-4

Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Unfortunately it will not come up when I try to start it - nothing happens.
This should be solved with the fixed dependency issue, hopefully.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2010-03-10 at 11:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Hi,

first of all: I do love this application. It's easy to use and has a nice interface. It also seems to work perfectly.

One little bug:

1. Select "New event"
2. Select "Alarm" and switch to "Command execution"
You will see input fields "Enter name" and "Enter command" In both of them the first letter always is upper case. If you hit "Shift" first the first letter in the line is lower case.

Thanks a lot, Uwe

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
nice appl but why there is not "first day of a month" option while there is last day option? hehe

new version! see first page for details

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
i wish someone would make an app like this that can swap between "tweakr" profiles at given times
I looked into this, but atm I don't see a way to properly interact with the tweakr profiles. I contacted the author of tweaker and I guess we'll find a solution. Until then, Alarmed now supports switching between the default "silent" and "general" profiles as of 0.1.5-2!

Originally Posted by jukey View Post
In both of them the first letter always is upper case. If you hit "Shift" first the first letter in the line is lower case.
I'm pretty sure this is standard behavior for input fields in all of maemo! You can see this happening anywhere. It's called "auto-capitalization" and you can turn it off in "Text Input" in the n900 settings menu. Apart from that, it should be possible to turn this off for single text fields but it seems like this feature is not available in pyside yet. When it becomes available, I'll insert it for the exec line.
Btw, note that now it should be possible to put in complete commands into the line including arguments. So it's no longer neccessary to write seperate scripts and put them in.

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
why there is not "first day of a month" option while there is last day option?
This is a restriction in the alarmd scheduling daemon provided by maemo. They just didn't include that, sorry

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2010-03-10 at 22:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Very interesting app! Is there a way to add a feature of day/time based call forwarding? ie. forward calls on weekdays to google voice. thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcg81 For This Useful Post:
new version! see first post for details!

Alarmed now supports tweakr profile switching!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Done! I added this feature in 0.1.6-2

Originally Posted by jcg81 View Post
Very interesting app! Is there a way to add a feature of day/time based call forwarding? ie. forward calls on weekdays to google voice. thanks.
It's definitely possible, I'm adding it to the planned features list and will be looking into it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I've installed 0.1.6-2 and tried a couple times to set profile switching, both tweakr created and fro general to silent.

Neither appear to be working?

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I've installed 0.1.6-2 and tried a couple times to set profile switching, both tweakr created and fro general to silent.

Neither appear to be working?
I'm sorry, it appears to be working fo me, can you please run it from a command line? to do so, open an X-Terminal from the applications menu -> more and type in /opt/alarmed/alarmed.py
try to set the profile with a timing rule and post any output it gives (e.g. to a service like www.pastie.org or in this forum.) also, please paste the complete outpu of 'cat /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini' so I can debug the problem. thanks

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2010-03-14 at 00:13.