Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
Just so I'm clear, cause I really no very little about these things, are these the packages that fail to build on armv6?
Pretty much. I need to rsync 5.4gb worth of RPMs to some public place and set up package groups in the repo so we can try to run image generation from it..

I'm also at the same time doing hard floating point port of ARMv7 so that's higher priority.. and prepping for MeeGo conference in Dublin.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Well, not that I have any obligation to do anything any more,
We are grateful for your work and any criticism (I'm aware of none) is not warranted, but I'm not sure what you're getting at here. You shut down the discussion here on t.m.o., arguing that the work should be done at meego.com, and then the project is not moving rapidly there...

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=317

Is the expectation of N8x0 users that work would continue not a reasonable one? And of course, whatever extent of obligation is not individually yours but is shared by all those who shared in that action.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
now waiting for some maemo.org members to pick up the 50000 $ bid from GNOME foundation and continue the work
I've looked at that proposal, and discussed with some maemo.org members. It looks to require quite a bit of expert work and to be taking continuing input from Nokia. Having reviewed the Gnome Board's report, they expect several bids, perhaps from people who are also maemo.org members, but in their professional capacity rather than community capacity. We will of course reach out to cooperate and support the project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: