Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Today my N900 died totaly, the touch doesnt work anymore even thou I have tryed to replace it.

Now what shall I do?
Should a by a used old N900 on Ebay or buy a new N9 in local store?
Is N9 that much better and newer tecnology then N900 that you can live without the keyboard? Or is N900 still going strong?

Android is mostly not a option and Iphone is certanly not an option.

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
How about the Lumia 800?
I have a N950 and even that doesn't feel like a true replacer for the N900. There is just nothing like the N900.
If I was to choose between an N9 or Lumia 800 I'd go for the Lumia.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
seriously, from maemo to winp7?

If you're not bothered about the OS then fair enough I guess...

The Following User Says Thank You to AliasXZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ grenoble
n9. because of the underpower hardware the n900 has ....

If You don't know what to do, probably it's better for You to buy N9 - it's more "fast food" like, you'll spend insane amount of money for moderate things, that bloat You with pink&glitter.

Otherwise, stop asking stupid questions, and buy second-hand N900.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
How about the Lumia 800?
I have a N950 and even that doesn't feel like a true replacer for the N900. There is just nothing like the N900.
If I was to choose between an N9 or Lumia 800 I'd go for the Lumia.
That is so true! I've just paid over £350+ for the Nokia N9, but it just can't compete with the N900 - not yet anyway.

I don't know what it is, but the N900 just has something about it. I'd love to have the Nokia N950, but I don't think the give them out anymore.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Today my N900 died totaly, the touch doesnt work anymore even thou I have tryed to replace it.

Now what shall I do?
Should a by a used old N900 on Ebay or buy a new N9 in local store?
Is N9 that much better and newer tecnology then N900 that you can live without the keyboard? Or is N900 still going strong?

Android is mostly not a option and Iphone is certanly not an option.
If you want to buy a n900 in excellent shape, just pm me. I'm in sweden from time to time...

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
If You don't know what to do, probably it's better for You to buy N9 - it's more "fast food" like, you'll spend insane amount of money for moderate things, that bloat You with pink&glitter.

Otherwise, stop asking stupid questions, and buy second-hand N900.

/Estel
Well I love N900 and I have been a hardcore user I would say, but maybe it time to move on from the great N900 era...

I have tryed Lumia but the GUI didnt impressed me, the way of handling things with N9 way more simple, logic and fast as I feel it.
Also Lumia only got 16GB storage, now I got 64 GB on my broken N900.

But I think I go with a second hand/used N900, I need the keyboard.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I also have a n9 for sale, but i think n900 still is a better phone. nothing special about n9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
the n9 is no replacement for the n900, that's for sure. It is, however, a pretty slick phone with an easy and quick UI that remains somewhat 'true linux' underneath, for whatever that is worth anymore. Looking forward to some more fun stuff with open kernel, we'll see. Hopefully a decent community will remain around it.

on days when I know I will need to work and I know I won't be able to get to a computer, I still need to have my n900 with. A week in with n9 and though the terminal app is quite good, I still can't quite get it done like on n900.