Active Topics

Hey All

To anyone on the Vodafone UK network, if you received an sms from Vodafone on the 01st Feb saying they're sending you mobile internet settings then chances are your mobile internet hasn't been working for the past 24 hours.

This is because they've changed the access point name to wap.accesspoint.co.uk ("settings - internet connections - connections - edit")

Not sure why, but this accesspoint wouldn't work for me, it may be an N900 specific problem or maybe it's specific only to a handful of Vodafone customers but I've just had to change the access point to get my mobile internet back.

The access point details are:

wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

I'd be interested in hearing from other Vodafone UK N900 users to see if this was an issue specific to my phone or if Vodafone's half baked attempt to change my phone settings by text actually contributed to my mobile internet being down for the past 24 hours.

Cheers

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i'm on yodafone uk and nothings been sent through to me so far. if anything comes through i'll post back on here.

I'm on Vodafone UK and I've not had a text or had any problems connecting to the internet.

If you do receive anything don't bother trying to call Vodafone's tech help centre, they are beyond useless. I spent an hour on the phone with some noob who had no idea what I was talking about.

I ended up hitting the web and finding the vodafone internet access point info on http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

The bloke at vodafone was terribly confused. Swear to God, he had no clue about his network worked, he kept going on about how the N900 can't receive MMS. Like WTF does that have to do with the phone's accesspoint being changed OTA!!! Dumb as dog *****

The Following User Says Thank You to n900faniam For This Useful Post:
I'm on Vodafone and I've not had anything.

n900faniam are you 100% certain that settings SMS came from Voda? Could be spam....

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
nothing from me either, sure its not exclusive to your n900? :P

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.