Hi

I'm sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find anything. I would like to know how to clean the back of the n9, it's dirty even using the case.

Thanks,

LCD screen cleaner is pretty innocuous.

Or an all-natural / light dish soap with a very soft cloth and a drop of water?

Be sure to clean the case too before returning the phone to the case, and keep water from sneaking in around the edges.

I put one of these Extreme Guards on the phone.

It's kind of a phone condom that gets used daily. Nothing compares to touching a bare screen, but if scratches and dirt really bother you it might be a fair compromise.

Clean the phone in a steamy room (like after taking a shower) to keep down the dust, then apply with a few drops of water and clean fingers. I found that the phone dried very quickly, just a few hours and somehow, as the cover dries, it wraps and adheres to the various curves of the N9. I am pretty impressed with this case.

--------------edit----------------

depending on the angle of light in which you view the phone, the cover can look obnoxious or be hardly noticeable. Hopefully these pictures give a clearer idea.

I took the pictures with my HTC Sensation so take the quality with a grain of salt.

you can also see where there's a bit of extra "meat" that should be shaved off with a sharp blade but I haven't noticed it b/c I have had the phone in the Nokia gel case since after installing the skin and I've been busy with the kids, trying to get them out of the house and to the beach before summer's over. : D

--------- more info --------------

The best part is that the shield goes on with water and as it dries, it shrinks to fit the curves of the N9.

The shield is thick, and it definitely feels like something is there. There is a LOT of resistance to the Extreme Guard and you need to use a different touch with the phone.

Last edited by N9WB; 2012-08-15 at 12:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Nail polish remover or alcohol wipes would do too

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by N9WB View Post
LCD screen cleaner is pretty innocuous.

Or an all-natural / light dish soap with a very soft cloth and a drop of water?

Be sure to clean the case too before returning the phone to the case, and keep water from sneaking in around the edges.

I put one of these Extreme Guards on the phone.

It's kind of a phone condom that gets used daily. Nothing compares to touching a bare screen, but if scratches and dirt really bother you it might be a fair compromise.

Clean the phone in a steamy room (like after taking a shower) to keep down the dust, then apply with a few drops of water and clean fingers. I found that the phone dried very quickly, just a few hours and somehow, as the cover dries, it wraps and adheres to the various curves of the N9. I am pretty impressed with this case.
Could you post a picture of the protector on the plastic part of the N9? I'm really wondering how well it adheres to the body and round angles.

I'm not interested in a screen protector, although I know the Gorilla glass will eventually show its limits after some months of daily carrying in my jean's pockets, but getting rid of the silicon case for a slim protector may be fine.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Nail polish remover or alcohol wipes would do too
No way would you use nail polish remover (Especially on a black N9)

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Could you post a picture of the protector on the plastic part of the N9? I'm really wondering how well it adheres to the body and round angles.

I'm not interested in a screen protector, although I know the Gorilla glass will eventually show its limits after some months of daily carrying in my jean's pockets, but getting rid of the silicon case for a slim protector may be fine.
Ah yes. In my case I used Invisible Shield (also a brand, does the same thing). It actually looks nice. And as far as responsiveness on the screen, well I guess it will be a matter of preference. I was using (and still is) the N900 which uses a resistive screen (pressure-based), and my move to the Nokia N9's capacitive screen was just too "slippery" or sensitive for my taste. This screen protector gives me that same familiar feel. Oh and yes, you can go full-body protection with it (i.e. like a "daily condom"). Gives your Nokia N9 a shiny look. I'll try to take some pictures over the weekend and post them so that you can have an idea on how it looks like.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks a lot for the pictures N9WB! They are very informative and useful (and numerous, which is cool too!). I'm not a big fan of this shiny aspect, I like the mate aspect of the N9 body or of the Nokia silicon case, but it sounds an interesting alternative anyway and I will take some time to see if I can find any suitable protector that would be less shiny.

Thanks for your feedback Topet2k12001! Again, I'm interested in a picture of course! :] I come from the N900 too and I liked the resistive feeling too.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I've kept my N9 in it's included rubber case since Day 1.
I like the grippy rubber feel it gives the N9, plus the fact that it's so much more solid and well-built than other cases I've seen.

I just use a Q-tip to clean the oil off the camera and the plating around the camera every once in a while

For the screen, I have a cheap matte screen protector that works good enough.

mine messed up in the humidity with the case nokia gave me, am going to have to replace it :/

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
mine messed up in the humidity with the case nokia gave me, am going to have to replace it :/
same here.. even though it's been in that rubber case since day one, the matte finish didn't go well with the humid/hot climate of some countries.

Thinking of buying a white housing.. but it's $60 from eBay. I tried what thedead1440 suggested, but it didn't that much. It's still all messed up. Wondering what else can clean the back..

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke