Active Topics

Did they at least make the media player better? Like remembering playback position? That is such an annoying defect.

I've noticed I don't have the option ro make a skype call or Jabber call anymore from a contact. Is this because it checks to see the VOIP capabilities of the client?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Your contact must have the latest version of skype. iSync works via USB
And be using PC- we're all on macs.

I did try with USB, but just get the same error message as with bluetooth. Some people have been able to sync it via bluetooth as well. Seems very upredictable.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
PR1.2 seems to have reduced my cellular signal sensitivity. Finding it very difficult to get any sort of GSM signal since the upgrade.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Here is what I really hope for PR 1.3

Bug fixes of course but here is what I realy realy want

a) portrait mode for lockscreen so you can unlock with one hand
(don't need portrait for desktop or browser)

b) Calendar: I had to move an appointment. Client tells me to move to next wendsday. Now if have to start calculating on what day you are and what that would be. Why not a month view instead of 3 wheels for day, month, year

c) Integration of MSN Messenger like Skype

d) Turn by turn would acutally make my day :-)

e) scrollbar for fast scrolling (I have 7000 images backed up and flipping to the top is just a pain in the .... you know where

f) Mediaplayer - I want to simple click on a song and then choose a playlist where the song is to be added. I still have not found out how to add songs easy

g) virual keyboard the slash / should be available when alphabet is shown for entering URL. Dot should be also available when in number view. IP Adresses

h) browser either open with start page or bookmarks option

i) In contact Call with Skype should show (home) (mobile) (work)

j) Flash 10.1 would be another WOW!

k) browser could be faster

l) somehow over wifi I not allways seem to get full speed on the N900

m) two icons for cam and video

And last but not least -> NOKIA should look at all the great brainstrom ideas and consider some of the request that are really great and some must be easy to do

Make one advancement for example the sykpe (home), skype (office) thing. Test ist make it 1.2.1 and realeas it.

if they do 10 things and release it every week everybody (including chuck norris) will be happy and feel as if Nokia cares about us.

Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

The Following User Says Thank You to marktold For This Useful Post:
ok its strange after the update some more appmnt showed up on my calender now i wonder if it syncd with google or my ovi. Anyone saw the same thing??

Originally Posted by tgrim View Post
And be using PC- we're all on macs.

I did try with USB, but just get the same error message as with bluetooth. Some people have been able to sync it via bluetooth as well. Seems very upredictable.
the skype for mac thing is skype's fault. the mac client isn't the latest version.
as for isync, it was straight forward for me. i downloaded the isync plugin for the n900. connected via usb and added the n900 as a new device on isync

i do believe nokia needs to improve their mac support

I have the same problem. I was testing the Sygic Nav trial today and then my phone just went black, no reason!

I have problems with Gtalk, i dont have a opition to make Gtalk calls anymore.

When someone calls to me from Gtalk i do get the call, but when i answer, it just shuts down.

I can't get video calls work in Skype either, i have Skype in Ubuntu 10.4 and webcam does work in that laptop, but don't know how to make video call, or how to enable video in a call. I can enable it from n900 but it doesn's show in laptop.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
How buggy is pr1.2 really? I have not updated mine because it works fine with 1.1.1 and I won't have time to mess with trying to fix problems until this weekend. I have intentionally left my n900 unmodded in preparation for 1.2. The only programs I have downloaded were all from extras, other than fmms.